Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

find my past look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Pappa

Pappa Report 28 May 2013 01:00

Hi, on FMP the british newspaper archive, i think there is some info on a relatves

can some please tell me what all of it says,any help greatly appreciated. mfm

DOVER COUNTY COURT.
long off. George Cottingham said that be helped his son to move in. then occupied
25 October 1929 - Dover Express - Dover, Kent, England
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TONBRIDGE COUNTY COURT.
CONTRACT. _ William Terry Shepherd sued John Collins fpr tlf., the balance estimate. Plaintiff stated that defendAnt put up a contract for him fridge-road, and submitted him estimate, showing that 210 uprights would required. After, the fence had been erected
9 May 1913 - Kent & Sussex Courier - Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TONBRIDGE.
of Mr. William Terry Shepherd, which took Slace at the Cemetery, on Saturday. The eceased, who had attained the advanced age of 77, resided at S7, Uridge-rond.— Mrs. Harriet Ninham Davis died "on Wednesday last 20, Hectorage-road, the age of 63. The funeral
12 June 1914 - Kent & Sussex Courier - Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England

Gai

Gai Report 28 May 2013 01:30

Manfrom Mars,

The article from the Dover court is really long and a dispute over land. I can transcribe it later in the day for you if no one else answers this post.

Gai

Edit. Hopefully saved as a pdf and sent a copy to you via pm. Let me know if it didn't work

Lynski

Lynski Report 28 May 2013 01:36

I have sent the images (2) to you as an attachment - check your mailbox.

Hope it works.

The section regarding George Cottingham is on the second image.

Pappa

Pappa Report 28 May 2013 01:54

Dear Ladies,
many thanks for the Article about George Cottingham, theres certainly a lot to digest there, many thanks.

Were you able to find the info on William Terry Shepherd?

i appreciate your help thankyou.

mfm

Lynski

Lynski Report 28 May 2013 02:14

I have sent you the second one of William.

Lynski

Lynski Report 28 May 2013 02:15

The first article for William - when I try to download the file it gives me a message that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired???

Pappa

Pappa Report 28 May 2013 02:26

Thanks again Lynne.

mfm

Choccy

Choccy Report 28 May 2013 06:28

PM sent with a 'snipped' copy of the article re Wm Shepherd dated 9th May 1913.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 28 May 2013 08:40

The same Newspaper articles are on GR as well - I've just checked

Gai

Gai Report 28 May 2013 08:58

NanaSue,

The British newspapers archives were on GR before they were on FMP. When they were first on here you could only print a copy of the article and couldn't save a copy to your computer as a pdf etc. The only way to save a copy was to take a screen shot and it was very cumbersome.

Now I don't have access to the archives on here at present but today I discovered on FMP that you can save a copy as a pdf to your computer. It would be interesting to know whether you can now save an article using GR,

Pappa

Pappa Report 28 May 2013 09:16

fmp has better search options,

mfm

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 28 May 2013 09:57

No not anymore - it is simple - looked up yours in all of 2 minutes