Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Norcliffe family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jadefish

Jadefish Report 16 May 2013 17:09

I have a lot of info on Arthur Norcliffe, b 1864, died 1944, and his children. Their grandfather was James Carr Norcliffe born 1834 in Triangle Yorks. If anyone is interested in photos and other documents, please contact me.

Mike *

Mike * Report 16 May 2013 18:08

You could look in Search Trees to see if anyone else has this family.
The chances of someone dropping on your message might be slim

Jadefish

Jadefish Report 17 May 2013 09:58

Thanks. I wanted to notify Bruce Norcliffe, but the site won't allow me to do that. :-(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 May 2013 10:20

If Bruce is a GR member, you can contact him through the site.

If he isn't.............you can't

Look for him in the phone book.

He is on the ER for 2002.....probably opted out after that

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 May 2013 10:28

Bruce appears to be a GR member......if you've sent a message and he hasn't replied, the site isn't at fault.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 17 May 2013 10:33

Hi Jade

Perhaps you can explain what you mean by.......

"I wanted to notify Bruce Norcliffe, but the site won't allow me to do that."

Then we may be able to help you.

Prickles. :-)

Jadefish

Jadefish Report 17 May 2013 12:38

Thanks Prickly Holly. I have been off site for nearly a year and no longer know how to contact another member. When I tried to send him a message the site kept telling me there was no recipient, even tho I had put his name in. So I assumed I was doing something wrong.

It's no skin off my nose. I have details re the family going back to 1322 and I thought he might be interested. It's my cousin's mother's family, so I won't go down that path.

Jadefish ??

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 17 May 2013 12:45

Hmm, maybe he is no longer a member?

I will check it out and see if it works for me.

Edit: Bruce's name didn't come up when i put the Norcliffe names in the search box.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 May 2013 21:00

The name is in three trees on GR..........including one 'owned' by 'Bruce'