Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DAISY ATHERTON Nee EDWARDS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Loolah

Loolah Report 10 May 2013 17:29

Daisy E Edwards was born in Cairo between 1926-1930. Her parents were GEORGE E EDWARDS and CATHERINE MARY HACHEME.
Daisy married FRANK ATHERTON in the Wirral area in 1949.
I would love to know what happened to Daisy and if she had any family. Her mother was my Great Aunt and sister to my Grandmother, Emily Hacheme.
Thank you. :-)

Gee

Gee Report 10 May 2013 17:32

Hi

There are births that might be a match for the couple

Try here for free

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Edit: Could this be her death?

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006
Name: Daisy Elizabeth Atherton
Birth Date: 10 Jan 1911
Date of Registration: Dec 1999
Age at Death: 88
Registration district: Knowsley
Inferred County: Merseyside
Register Number: B40
District and Subdistrict: 0231B
Entry number: 183

Fredk

Fredk Report 10 May 2013 18:28

For information
Marriages Dec 1949 (>99%)
Atherton Frank Edwards Wirral 10a 1349 Scan available - click to view
Edwards Daisy E Atherton Wirral 10a 1349 Scan available - click to view
Griffiths Eileen Howard Wirral 10a 1349 Scan available - click to view
Howard Herbert Griffiths Wirral 10a 1349

Fredk

Fredk Report 10 May 2013 19:17

Have you any details on how you are related to Daisy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 May 2013 21:12

Fredk - poster has explained the relationship in her OP :-)

Fredk

Fredk Report 10 May 2013 21:29

AnnCardiff

Was hoping for a bit more detail such as places as I could not find the name HACHEME any where on GR

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 May 2013 21:55

I think it is an African name?? Or maybe French/African??
EDIT there is an American Hacheme marriage on Familysearch, states birthplace Syria.
Jan

Loolah

Loolah Report 12 May 2013 00:05

Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at this.
Gins - Daisy was born between 1926-30 so I don't think that's her death entry. but thanks anyway. :-)
FDK - thanks - I had the Atherton/Edward marriage for 1949.
I am hoping to find anyone who might have Daisy and her maternal family in their tree. The Hacheme sisters, including Daisy's mother Catherine, lived in Egypt in the early 1900s in particular in Cairo and Alexandria though the family originated from the Lebanon (Brummiejan - you are correct).
The sisters all married Englishmen in Egypt and I have ordered some of the marriage certs from GRO. They all came to live in England and I am in contact with living relatives of two other Hacheme sisters but the sisters all seemed to have lost contact with each other which is why I'm trying to find my living 'cousins' to piece together what became of them all.
I would also like to find out what happened to Catherine, Daisy's Mum. (I have messaged a Genes member who might have Catherine in her tree but have yet to have an answer.)
Loolah