Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GJERTINE STOKKE BORN NORWAY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susanne

Susanne Report 10 May 2013 07:33

SINCE ALL YOU GOOD FOLK HAVE HELPED ME ON HENNING LIND I HAVE BEEN SITTING FOR A LONG TIME OMN HIS WIFE AND FOUND SPELLING DIFFREENT TO WHATS ON HENNINGS WORLD WAR DRAFT. IT IS GJERTINE MAIDEN NAME STOKKE BORN 22-7- 1897 FOUND A 1910 NORWAY CENCUS SAYS HER BIRTH IS 3-9-1892 SHE WAS BORN VALSOFJORDON HER OCCUPATION WAS A TJENSTEPIGE DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS. SHE CAME TO NEW YORK ON 24-10-1923 SHIP FREERICK FROM CHRISTINIA NORWAY..
SHE WAS MARRIED DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 9-3-1934 TO HENNING LIND. HENNING DIED NEW YORK 1975 AND GJERTINE DIED NOVEMBER 1978 SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA. I KNOW SHE WAS NATURALISED BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THAT. IF ANYONE COULD ADD ANY MORE ABOUT GJERTINE WOULD APPRECIATE IT. SUE

Gee

Gee Report 10 May 2013 07:45

This one

New York, Naturalization Records, 1897-1944

Name: Gjertine Lind (Housewife)
[Gjertine Stokke]
Birth Date: 22 Jul 1897
Birth Place: Norway
Arrival Year: 1923
Naturalization Record Type: Petition for Naturalization
Event Date: 24 Oct 1923
Spouse's Name: Henning

Address: 65 Early St, Bronx

According to a translation site: tjenestepige female servant tjenestepige maid

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 May 2013 08:08

Connected to this thread:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1324276?page=1

Hi Susanne - when someone has already been researched on a thread it's usually a good idea to add any updated request to that first thread. That way we have all the background info about a person in one place. Just saves us going over what's already been found and helps us to help you.

:-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 May 2013 08:26

Susanne, I've found a little more info on Gjertine and it ties in with something on the other thread.

Hope you don't mind but I'll copy your new request onto that thread and then when I post the new information you'll see how it relates.