Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Norman Raggatt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mavis

Mavis Report 2 Apr 2013 19:02

Hi...i am wondering if anyone can help please.....i am looking for the above person.....David was born along with his twin sister Maureen on 14th December 1940 in Cheltenham....mother was Gladys Minnie Georgina Raggatt and although no father was put on the birth certificate he is believed to be Dennis Harcourt. Gladys was a single parent and the 2 children were put into Dursley Childrens Home in that area.....Maureen was later adopted,in December 1945,and was renamed Eva by her adoptive Mother. As far as we know David stayed in the Home....he asked if he could see his sister in 1953 but Evas adoptive mother refused. I have tried everything i can to try and find David,but apart from his birth do not seem to find any trace.......is there any way i can find out if he was adopted and maybe changed his name too?
I would be very gratefull if anyone can help...Eva is my sister in law and would very much like to discover what happened to her brother.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Apr 2013 19:23

David's birth registration does not show a middle name or letter.
Perhaps he married just as David.

A copy of his birth should show whether his birth certificate is marked 'Adopted' in the far right column.

As Eva is so closely related has she accessed her adoption file which might give information about her twin.

Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Apr 2013 19:39

Sadly there may be an early death record.
PM sent to Mavis.

Gwyn

Mary

Mary Report 2 Apr 2013 21:18

David Raggett 14/12/1940 died in Nottinghamshire Oct 1988
V8 P989

Maryb.

Mavis

Mavis Report 3 Apr 2013 19:48

Thank you so much everyone for your replies.....will check document you have suggested
Best regards
Mavis