Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Margaret Amer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kirsteen

Kirsteen Report 20 Mar 2013 12:05

Good afternoon

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help?

We seem to be stuck and cannot find anything out about my dads Aunt. Mary was born 1923 (parents James Henry Amer and Maraget Donaghy).

My dad seems to think/remember she may have married someone called Partington and that she han links to Nigeria/Africa but we cannot find anything to confirmt his.

Unfortunately my dads family wasn't very close and this could be wrong as we were orginally led to believe that my grandfather was French!!! This wasn't so!

Thanks for any help! :-)

Potty

Potty Report 20 Mar 2013 12:16

Nearest marriage coming up:

England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005
about Helen M Annear
Name: Helen M Annear
Spouse Surname: Partington, Eric C
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1961
Registration district: Luton
Inferred County: Bedfordshire
Volume Number: 4a
Page Number: 295

Kirsteen

Kirsteen Report 20 Mar 2013 12:24

Ooh thank you for that!!

Kirsteen

Kirsteen Report 20 Mar 2013 12:27

Just spoke to my dad about this and he seems to think they got married in Africa not the UK! Sorry!

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 20 Mar 2013 12:39

Was James married twice? He has a rather unusual name for this to be a coincidence

Marriages Sep 1906 (>99%)
AMER James Henry Preston 8e 1278 <<<<<<
ECCLES Catherine Maggie Preston 8e 1278
Lindop George Preston 8e 1278
ROBINSON Eliza Preston 8e 1278

Kirsteen

Kirsteen Report 20 Mar 2013 12:47

Yes he was married twice. We think his first wife wouldn't divorce him so he remarried after she died!