Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

probate forms

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pappa

Pappa Report 17 Mar 2013 08:16

Hello, a long time ago i sent off for a couple of probate/wills, i think i filled in a form, can anyone tell me where i can get these forms please,

many thanks mfm

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 17 Mar 2013 08:29

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/probate/family-history

this is it I think

Jude

Flip

Flip Report 17 Mar 2013 08:33

And Jude should know, the length of time it took to get one she ordered :-D

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 17 Mar 2013 08:35

You do not actually need to complete the form. Simply write giving the details required (See below). You can also contact any of the 11 regional Probate offices and get the same service.

If you write to the Postal Searches and Copies Department officials will make a search on your behalf. There is a charge for this but if a grant is traced, the search fee includes the provision of a copy of the grant and (if any), the Will. If a grant is not traced a letter will be sent to you to tell you this. Either way we will contact you within four weeks of receiving your request.
You should complete the form PA1S and enclose the appropriate fee (or write and provide the full name, address and date of death of the deceased, and what documents you require). You should send the completed form or letter to:

Postal Searches and Copies Department
Leeds District Probate Registry
York House
York Place
Leeds
LS1 2BA

Please provide the full name, address and date of death of the deceased, stating what you require and enclosing the appropriate fee which is £6 for the first copy and £1 for every additional copy .

Pappa

Pappa Report 17 Mar 2013 08:39

Many thanks to HeyJudeB4Beatles and Jonesey for the help,

Best wishes mfm

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 17 Mar 2013 08:44

Flip :-D

Jonesey "Either way we will contact you within four weeks of receiving your request."....sent it off beginning October.....they cashed my cheque immediately...finally had them after much chasing 13 January...and 14 January !!!!!! (like buses)

:-)

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 17 Mar 2013 09:02

HeyJude,

I know that the length of time it takes can vary. In the past I have received copy wills that I have requested within a week and on average probably within 3 weeks. I always send my request directly to my local office, Birmingham rather than to Leeds.