Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kathleen Dorothy Mabel Clark brn 1913 Strood, Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Mar 2013 17:43

Hello, I have this lady born 1913 in Strood, Kent. She marries a Percy E Collins in 1935 in Malling, Kent. Not sure what the E stands for in Percy's name. I find Kathleen living at 10 Sterling Road, Sittingbourne, Kent in 1969 when her mother dies. Kathleen goes on to live until 1994 and dies in Swale, Kent. Am looking for information on Percy, have no idea when he was born and also if they had any children. It may well be I have to purchase the marriage certificate but am trying to save on costs if possible.

As ever, any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Kathryn

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 Mar 2013 18:01

Possible, given Swale connection??

Name: Percy Eric Collins
Birth: 16 Jun 1908
Death: Apr 1988 - Swale, Kent, England

Jan

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Mar 2013 18:04

Hi Jan, thank you for that information. Do we know if they had any children? Probably quite a common name though.

Kind regards

Kathryn

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 Mar 2013 18:09

You can check for births on Freebmd:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 Mar 2013 18:10

Percy? But without marriage cert can't be 100% sure:

Births Sep 1908 (>99%)
Collins Percy Eric Maidstone 2a 914

Jan

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Mar 2013 18:14

Thanks again Jan, will have a look for births shortly. Just about to have tea. Thanks once again for your help.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Mar 2013 19:18

Have just found Percy E Collins living at 10 Sterling Road, Sittingbourne, Kent in the 1984 Telephone Directory. Unfortunately the listings don't seem to go beyond that date. But at least I now know for sure this was Kathleen's husband. Although am not sure where Swale is, well I know it is in Kent but don't know if Sittingbourne comes under Swale.

Kind regards

Kathryn