Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Address search, help please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elliot

Elliot Report 6 Mar 2013 16:28

Hi guys!
I wonder if someone could search the 1911 census for who was living at 31 Warrington Crescent which is in the maida vale/Paddington area of London. I know my Great grandmother lived there when she married in 1922, but I'm wondering if this might have been the family home of her husband?
Thank you,
Elliot

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Mar 2013 16:48

will have a look

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Mar 2013 16:50

1911 Census transcription details for: 31 Warrington Crescent Maida Vale W
National Archive Reference: RG14PN35 RG78PN1 RD1 SD1 ED35 SN345
Reg. District: Paddington
Sub District: Paddington North
Parish: Paddington
Enum. District: 35
Address: 31 Warrington Crescent Maida Vale W
County: London
Name Relation Condition/
Yrs married Sex Age Birth Year Occupation Where Born
GIBSON, Bernard Head Married M 63 1848 Timber Merchant Retired The Vicarage Furneaux Pelham Herts
GIBSON, Harriot Clarke Wife Married
30 years F 59 1852 Paddington London
GIBSON, Monica Daughter Single F 23 1888 Literary Secretary To An Editor Paddington London
GIBSON, Joyce Margaret Daughter Single F 21 1890 Paddington London
EDWARDS, Rose Servant Single F 25 1886 General Domestic Ashstread Surrey
MYLWARD, Winifred Servant Single F 19 1892 General Domestic Holybourne Hants

Elliot

Elliot Report 6 Mar 2013 17:41

Thanks Shirley!
Not who I was hoping for but I appreciate your help!
By coincidence I've just seen another discussion you had with someone on here about childrens homes in the Paddington/Maida Vale area and it mentions a childrens home called Victoria orphanage in Shirlad rd which is just round the corner from Warrington Crescent, the address you kindly searched for me. The reason I mention this, is that my gt grandmother lived in Warrington Cres when she married and her son was given away to an orphanage and the proximity is very close! I know Barnardos do a search (I did that already and he wasn't there), can't look on the census's because it would have been during the 1920's. Any idea of how I could find out if he was at the Victoria or even any of the others?