Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Records after the 1911 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 5 Mar 2013 16:49

I have an ancestor born a few months after the 1911 census was taken so I am basically wondering, are there any free accessible records that are available after 1911?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Mar 2013 16:54

freebmd

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Mar 2013 16:58

Without knowing the country you mean - but assuming! - do you already know about Freebmd - birth, marriage and death indexes for England/Wales:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

After this it's electoral registers - for London you can search online by name (not free!) but in the vast majority of areas you need an address. This has to be searched in person where archives are kept, normally at the nearest main library. Even then you can only see adults of voting age, obviously.

People on here have various subs so if you are stuck I am sure we will try to help.

Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Mar 2013 16:59

Well if you have his birth ref the it will show his mothers maiden name . you can then looked for siblings with the same surname combination. You can also look for the parents marriage also on FreeBMD. If you dont have census access you can ask for a look up.