Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

william cossey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 14 May 2012 11:39

i am trying to find the marrage of william cossey born 2.1/1753, sutton by coltshall norfolk. who marr ester philpot.born 2763 /1837. on the 1538-1975 .william cossey .spouse ester,. child stephen cossey born 1798 in rockland -st mary norfolk.william and ester 104808-0 index, film 1565749. i would like the marrage of william please. cossey and ester philpot. i have tryed on ancestry .b.d.m. and in family seach. i am thinking they did not marry.can you help please. yvonne

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2012 11:42

Your info is hard to follow and a bit confusing. But as you are looking for parish records and not found them on Family Search site then you may need to contact the local family History Society to see if they can help

Try googling fo possible FHS in the area

Helen

Helen Report 14 May 2012 11:55

County Norfolk
Place Rockland St Mary
Church St Mary
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 06 Sep 1795
Forename John
Sex M
FatherForename William
MotherForename Esther
FatherSurname COSSY
MotherSurname PHILPOT
Abode
FatherOccupation
Notes Private Baptism
FileNumber 3474

County Norfolk
Place Hempnall
Church St Margaret
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 30 Sep 1793
Forename Susanna
Sex F
FatherForename William
MotherForename Esther
FatherSurname COSSEY
MotherSurname PHILPOT
Abode
FatherOccupation
Notes
FileNumber 7655

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 May 2012 13:28

WILLIAM COSSEY Pedigree
Male
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 02 JAN 1753 Sutton By Coltishall, Norfolk, England
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: WILLIAM COSSEY Family
Mother: ELIZ.
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 May 2012 13:32

???

STEPHEN COSSEY Pedigree
Male Family
Marriages:
Spouse: ELIZABETH WEEDS Family
Marriage: 14 SEP 1824 St Mary, Ashby Near Bungay, Norfolk, England

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 May 2012 13:53

Esther would likely have been dead by the time of the marriage - according to you Stephen was born before she was born

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 14 May 2012 16:31

thanks. i guess you can not find the marrage of william cossey and ester philpot. ,stepham cossey was not the son i guess.someone has that wrong. did christopher cossy born 1755.marrage was 26/6/1831to a hariet denton. yvonne

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 14 May 2012 16:57

CHRISTFAR COSEY Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
02 NOV 1755 Sutton By Coltishall, Norfolk, England
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: WILLIAM COSEY Family
Mother: ELIZABTH

If he was born in 1755, he would not be getting married in 1831.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 22 May 2012 11:44

please help i have tred to find the marrages of the chaplin family no luck. diffent trres have diffent places, thomas chaplin born abt 1770 died 1760 norfolk maried elizabeth carter abt 1737, thomas chaplin born born 1743 norfolk. marr a mary eastdough. william chaplin born 1750geldeston. norfolk. marr abt oct 1772 norfolk. a mary chaplin born 1761 geldeston norfolk marrage abt 1797 to a john gould, frances chaplin born abt 1649 aldeby norfolk. marr john gould, anything on marrages, and baptism, thanks, yvonne,

safc

safc Report 22 May 2012 12:05

????

County Norfolk
Place Geldeston
Church St Michael
RegisterNumber 53
MarriageDate 12 Oct 1797
GroomForename John
GroomSurname GOULD
GroomAge
GroomParish Catfield Norfolk
GroomCondition Bachelor
GroomOccupation
GroomAbode
BrideForename Mary
BrideSurname CHAPLIN
BrideAge
BrideParish Geldeston
BrideCondition Spinster
BrideOccupation
BrideAbode
GroomFatherForename
GroomFatherSurname
GroomFatherOccupation
BrideFatherForename
BrideFatherSurname
BrideFatherOccupation
WitnessOneForename Charles
WitnessOneSurname CHAPLIN
WitnessTwoForename Mary
WitnessTwoSurname CHAPLIN
Notes By Licence
FileNumber 14322

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 27 May 2012 21:47

hi can you find how many children edwards who married twice,marr sarah blyth and maria atmore .sarah marr in1818 and maria marr in1844. as i think i have to many children in the sarah and edwards family. abt seven children. please can you help. yvonne.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 4 Jan 2014 11:38

HI, I can not use my computer , each time I bring the chaplin tree up I can not change the birth dates as it asking me for the death dates, so I can not change ,as I don't know the death dates, an d the marrage of Edward chaplinto sarah blythe. and marrsge maria atmore, I had them but now it has disappeared, Yvonne.