Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Petherick & Marion & ?Veronica?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KeithG

KeithG Report 10 Mar 2012 12:25

Please can someone help me find the Pethericks?

Peter S(tanley?) Petherick, my cousin, died in the 1980s; prior to that (obviously!) he was married to and then divorced from Marion, I guess of a similar age, I don't know her maiden name. They had a daughter who, if my memory is right, was called Veronica. I don't know Peter's birth date but I guess it was in the 1940's.

Marion later remarried with John Duke and emigrated to NZ and I lost touch.

Peter's parents were Ann Stacey & Stan Petherick, Stan died in 2000, Ann in about 1991 I think.

Can someone help please?

Thanks, Keith

Potty

Potty Report 10 Mar 2012 12:31

You might do better to post this on the Find Living Relatives board - there are people on there who might be able to help you.

greyghost

greyghost Report 10 Mar 2012 12:35

?? A little later than you thought

Civil Registration event: Death

Name: PETHERICK, Peter Stanley
Registration district: Reading
County: Berkshire
Year of registration: 1998
Month of registration: April
Date of birth: 20 April 1936
District no: 3201C
Reg no: C1B
Ent no: 011
DOR: 498

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Mar 2012 12:36

I can see a marriage for a Veronica Petherick in Reading - though no birth! Did she stay in England do you think?
Jan

greyghost

greyghost Report 10 Mar 2012 12:43

Deaths
? Stan Petherick January 2000
Wokingham, Berks WOK4A 050 100
DOB 17 June 1907

?Ann MArgaret Petherick August 1991
Reading and Wokingham 19 488 891
DOB 26 April 1911

Thelma

Thelma Report 10 Mar 2012 12:46

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
about Marion C S Pitt Name: Marion C S Pitt
Spouse Surname: Petherick
Date of registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1965
Registration district: Rochford
Inferred County: Essex
Volume Number: 4a
Page Number: 2459

Peter S Petherick

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Mar 2012 12:47

I think the above Marion's surname was Stockwell-Pitt. There are 2 sons to the above marriage but no daughter as far as I can see.
Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2012 13:01

there's a John M Duke marrying a Marion G Duke in Reading/Wokingham reg district 1977 that could be her .

Travel records on FMP only go to 1960 I,m afraid

EDIT Marion C not G I did a typo !!

KeithG

KeithG Report 10 Mar 2012 13:19

Thank you all very much, this is very helpful.

"there's a John M Duke marrying a Marion G Duke in Reading/Wokingham" That could easily be her, is that middle initial certain? Or alternatively could the G of the marriage record really be a C? Peter & Marion lived in Wokingham so the connection there makes sense.

Thanks for the confirmation of Stanley as Peter's middle name, it was a reasonable guess as Stanley was his father's name but this seems certain now.

"the above Marion's surname was Stockwell-Pitt" that could fit with the middle initials C S in the marriage record. Could you provide the records of sons to the marriage please Jan? I don't aways trust my memory but I only recall one daughter which is odd.

Keith

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2012 13:22

I will PM you the marriage details

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Mar 2012 13:22

I'll send you a PM.
Jan

KeithG

KeithG Report 10 Mar 2012 13:26

Thank you both!

Keith

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2012 13:39

Sorry Just re read my post and it was a Typo the G is in fact C as you can see from the marriage ref I PM.d

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

KeithG

KeithG Report 10 Mar 2012 21:34

I just had a realisation: Peter didn't have a daughter Veronica, he had a girlfriend / wife Veronica. I've found a marriage for Peter S in 1979 Reading & Wokingham, I'll bet the lady is Veronica and I'd like to know her maiden name (etc etc etc). I don't know if there were any children from his second marriage. This would then offer an explanation for the Veronica Petherick marriage in 2002.

Please can someone look this up and see what can be found?

Keith

greyghost

greyghost Report 10 Mar 2012 21:55

Will PM the marriage details for Peter in 1979

Thelma

Thelma Report 11 Mar 2012 12:16

PM
First marriage for Veronica and two Petherick children

KeithG

KeithG Report 11 Mar 2012 18:30

Thanks both, very interesting news!
Keith

KeithG

KeithG Report 10 Oct 2013 14:10

I don't know whether it is better to revive an old thread or start a new one, I recall reading somewhere the advice not to post twice about the same person so here goes with the old thread.

I've recently discovered that Peter married three times, the first time to Joan Brierley in 1958 ish. I'd be grateful if anyone has or could find more information around this please, but in any case this contributes to the Petherick thread for anyone doing research later ...

Keith

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Oct 2013 14:20

You can easily find the marriage on freebmd..................

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

KeithG

KeithG Report 10 Oct 2013 14:35

yes, thank you, apr-jun 1958.