Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stuart F Hynd 1945 PETERBROUGH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

NICHOLAS

NICHOLAS Report 9 Mar 2011 17:02

Trying to find this possible relation but hit a brick wall....any help much appreciated
Thanks
Nick Hynd

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Mar 2011 17:13

There's only his birth showing on BMDS, do you think he may have stayed in the area ? you could try for an electoral roll look up .
What about his parents/siblings .have you tried to follow this up. If his parents are deceased he may have been an informant on the certs. You may have to try to find him in a round about way

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Mar 2011 17:16

Is this his dad?
Name: Douglas Forbes Hynd
Birth Date: 3 Sep 1918
Death Registration Month/Year: May 1998
Age at death (estimated): 79
Registration district: Cheshire East
Inferred County: Cheshire
Register number: K2D
District and Subdistrict: 3441D
Entry Number: 4

NICHOLAS

NICHOLAS Report 9 Mar 2011 17:26

Hi Shirley

Yeap that his dad and my dad !!!! Mother was May Brown form lincolnshire

Cant find stuart anywhere in any searches on genes or 192.com

Thanks
Nick Hynd

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Mar 2011 17:36

Yes I saw the marriage to May..So if you think Stuart is a relative it may be best to start with his birth cert for details of his parents names .

Not being nosy but does this mean you werent brought up together? If he was adopted out of the family then you wont find further details as he would have had a name change

NICHOLAS

NICHOLAS Report 9 Mar 2011 19:38

Well it's a bit skeletons in closet as it's only now after my parents deaths that I have found out they both where previously married ! So I'm completly in the dark until I found about previous partners yesterday. It's seems I may have a half brother I never knew of.

It leaves me with a few stones to turn but not sure where to start ?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2011 21:32

Perhaps May remarried and Stuart took a new surname?

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Mar 2011 22:14

Have you worked through both marriages to see the partners. I saw two marriages for your dad but no remarriage for May

NICHOLAS

NICHOLAS Report 10 Mar 2011 08:00

Hi Shirley

Thats the next step i guess to see if May Brown did re marry or see if son Stuart maybe died at some point.....thank's for the pointers Rose and Shirley

Nick

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Mar 2011 21:18

Was your father involved in WW2? Given the year, something to consider is that Stuart might not actually be your father's son. You can work that out from his army/navy records.

Rose

NICHOLAS

NICHOLAS Report 11 Mar 2011 08:38

Hi Rose

My father was in RAF and i know he did serve in africa and egypt during the war,but there again there where many RAF bases in the area of lincolnshire where he married May Brown

Nick

NICHOLAS

NICHOLAS Report 11 Mar 2011 08:38

Hi Rose

My father was in RAF and i know he did serve in africa and egypt during the war,but there again there where many RAF bases in the area of lincolnshire where he married May Brown

Nick

loudoniii

loudoniii Report 6 Mar 2013 14:59

Hi Nick!

I have found a Stuart F Hynd, approximately 30-34 years old, living in Postcode WD6 in Watford, Herts over the period 2002-2012 - possibly your Stuart Forbes Hynd's son?

Am doing some more digging to see if I can find further connections.

Cheers, Paul R Hynd

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Mar 2013 15:47

Unlikely that Nick will see your post.......he hasn't been on here since 2011

Click on his name.....and send a PM

loudoniii

loudoniii Report 6 Mar 2013 16:19

Thanks for the advice, Reggie - will do.