Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay

Kay Report 5 Oct 2010 20:44

How can i find marrages in canada . Do they have freebmd or somthing simular. Trying to find marragesof a Linda Blackburn and denise Blackburn they were born in england leeds holbeck late 40s moved in 50s. Trying to locate addresss two. The girls married in sylvan lake Alberta canada. The boy Graham Blackburn was born in vancouver canada in 60s. Can anyone please help
k

Kay

Kay Report 5 Oct 2010 20:47

There parents were Elsie walding born leeds yorkshire. and harry blackburn leeds yorkshire

Kay

Kay Report 5 Oct 2010 22:30

PLEASE ANYONE TO PUT ME IN DIRECTION

mgnv

mgnv Report 5 Oct 2010 22:30

Really too recent for records. See:

http://culture.alberta.ca/archives/referenceservices/genealogy.aspx

http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-1ED3936/gbsearch/Births,Marriages,Deaths

You could try the phone book:

http://www.mytelus.com/phonebook/display.do

evaman

evaman Report 2 Jul 2013 20:52

trying to find any relatives of Joseph McHale d/b 1888 born in Chester England, emigrated to British Columbia, married Elizabeth Miller born 1892 in Cumberland British Columbia wed on 15/09/1915 in Vancouver,Joseph is my great aunt's son and I have just found all this out so if anyone can help in finding any children or by letting me know which search websites are best for me to look on I would be so grateful,thanks Joseph died in Burnaby British Columbia on 22/01/1969

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 2 Jul 2013 21:18

Hello evaman, you'll get a much better response to your query if you start a new thread of your own rather than tagging it onto the end of an old unconnected thread.

Just go to the front page of this board and use the "add topic" link at the top.

Also, have you used the "Search Trees" facility under Search on the menu above to see if anyone else is researching this family?

Susan

Susan Report 19 Nov 2017 16:52

I am trying to contract either Nancy Lauren Kent who married P.J. Dowad in West Vancouver United Church in September 1987.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Nov 2017 17:34

Susan, you would be better starting a thread of your own as this is a very old thread about a completely different family.

Put something like "Canadian Records" in your title so it attracts the attention of someone who can help in this area.

Kath. x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Nov 2017 21:15

PM'd Susan a 2013 obituary for Nancy's mother, with contact details of funeral directors..