Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

london marriage look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sue23

sue23 Report 14 Jun 2010 14:06

Hi, i'm looking for a marriage of Walter Hannan. He died 1943 and on death certificate the informant was his widow M Hannan. They lived in West Kensington. They married poss between 1932-1943. Can anyone find a name for his widow for me please, Thank you

jax

jax Report 14 Jun 2010 14:12

Name: Walter Hannan
Spouse Surname: Warner
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1918
Registration district: Fulham
Registration county (inferred): London
Volume Number: 1a
Page Number: 929
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

Lily R Warner Hannan Jul-Aug-Sep 1918 Fulham London

This is the only one I can see

sue23

sue23 Report 14 Jun 2010 14:16

Thanks, yes i did know of this one but he remaried after Lily

jax

jax Report 14 Jun 2010 14:51

The only marriages listed for walter Hannan is that one or 2 others after he died so maybe he never married her?

sue23

sue23 Report 14 Jun 2010 20:35

Strange...it does say M Hannan widow of deceased and it is of the same address Walter was living at. Is it usual for people to say they married when they didn't?

Eric

Eric Report 25 Jun 2012 18:49

My grandfather was walter hannan I am looking for this particular hannan myself I have some detailed family history please contact me best wishes eric

jax

jax Report 25 Jun 2012 19:02

Eric

Sue may not be checking now click on her name and send a message

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jun 2012 20:35

Just to add one thing ......

They may have lived common-law

Just as common then as now

and she would call herself widow on the death certificate :))

Eric

Eric Report 16 Feb 2015 21:20

Dear Sue, Walter was my grandfather and the M is for Marion please contact me urgentl best regards Eric Hannan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Feb 2015 21:25

Eric

Have you tried to send a message to Sue

Just click on her board name

If she has the same email addy she will get notification of your message

GB

Eric

Eric Report 16 Feb 2015 21:28

Dear Sue, Walter was my grandfather and the M is for Marion please contact me urgentl best regards Eric Hannan

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Feb 2015 01:17

Eric ..........................

PLEASE .................... click on Sue's name on her first post, then write your message in the box that appears there.

GR will then send an email message to her to say that there is a message waiting in the internal messaging system (known as personal messages, or pm)

They do NOT send information re new postings on these open threads.

jax

jax Report 17 Feb 2015 02:55

Eric has managed to send a message to me so I expect he has sent one to Sue the same way