Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Savvery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 25 Mar 2010 15:57

Dear All,

I have looked and looked but cannot find my relation Michael Savvery in the 1901 or 1911 census. He was born in c. 1897 in Middlesbrough and died there in the mid 1970s, so he should be there!

He was born illegitimate apparently and raised by his grandparents, according to my family.

Can anyone help?

Peter

Potty

Potty Report 25 Mar 2010 16:06

Are you sure about your dates and spelling? Can't find a death for Michael Sawery in the 1970s.

Peter

Peter Report 25 Mar 2010 16:06

I'm sorry but I don't know that; how can be any more helpful?

Peter

Peter Report 25 Mar 2010 16:08

Just for clarification it is spelt S A V V E R Y. Not S A W E R Y. It is pronounced 'savoury' as in, a savoury flavoured dish etc.

Peter

Peter Report 25 Mar 2010 16:21

On thought I should of mentioned this before but his mother was Frances Savvery; in 1901 she is living with with Isaac Pattison, and she is recorded as Frances Pattison, his wife. This is Hartlepool, County Durham.

However, Isaac and Frances were not married until 1902. Isaac was born c. 1864 in Stockton, County Durham. Frances, Michael's mother was born c. 1866 in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. I have looked for her too in earlier census' but to no avail.

Does this information help at all?

Peter

Peter Report 25 Mar 2010 16:42

None of the children in the 1901 are Frances Savvery's children. Ellen Pattison, Isaac's wife, died in March 1900. In April 1901 he was living with Frances Savvery; Isaac and Frances did have children but not until after 1901.

Peter

Peter Report 25 Mar 2010 16:48

Just for confusion lol:

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Sep 1902 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barrass Fred Middlesbro' 9d 1022
Maughan Frances Middlesbro' 9d 1022
Pattinson Isaac Middlesbro' 9d 1022
Savery Frances Middlesbro' 9d 1022

Peter

Peter Report 25 Mar 2010 17:13

I will order the cert asap!

Thank you

MARY

MARY Report 14 Aug 2015 16:58

Hi Peter,

Michael Edward Savvery was my grandad, his mother was Frances (may have been spelt Francis) his father was Edward O'Connor, who was a Marine Store Dealer (Rag & Bone man), he died before he married my nanna in 1916, she was Mary Ann Broomfield. Grandad died in 1974 in Middlesbrough and my nanna died in 1982.

I do hope you get this post, and can you please tell me how you are related to him, I would be very interested.

I do hope you reply and maybe we could swop info.

kind regards

Mary Savvery ( I was named after my nanna and my oldest brother was named after grandad) - There are a lot of Savvery's

malyon

malyon Report 14 Aug 2015 17:22

mary this is an old post so best send peter a pm just click on his name

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Aug 2015 17:55

As Mary is a new poster........I will send her a PM on how to contact Peter.