Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ethel Maud GARDINER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

C

C Report 25 Jan 2010 03:41

Wanting to hear from anyone who knows about the life events of ETHEL MAUD GARDINER, born 1892 at Penrith NSW Australia.
Father: John Gardiner
Mother: Martha Hannah Gardiner (nee Turner)

Marriage(1) m.1914 Phillip Dennis (Len) HALLS (d.1943)
Marriage(2) m.1945 James HARRIOTT (d.1955)
Possible 3rd marriage in 1957 to ALFRED EDWARDS (d.1962) Alfred died at Bulli NSW according to BDM indexes.

Any information about ETHEL MAUD GARDINER to help me confirm the above, or information about her parents will be appreciated.

Christine

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jan 2010 04:45

Christine

The chances of someone just wandering by here who really does know anything about the family is very very slim!

There are supposedly 10 million members of GR .... according to their publicity. That includes both free and paying members. Free members can read the boards, but not post nor send private messages (pms)

I reckon that only about 1 million of those members, if that, are at all active.

I also guess that only a couple of hundred or so even know about these baords.

What you will get on the boards, is help from people like myself ...... other members who love hunting through internet and other records to see if we can help other people.

So ........ you might get a lot of documentary information, but nothing "personal"

Have you tried putting the names into the Search Trees facility above, to see whether anyone on GR has got the people in their trees. If so, then you really are beginning to look at possible family members ..... you just send the tree owner a pm ...... and hope that GR has their current home email address!

sylvia

C

C Report 26 Jan 2010 09:54

Thanks Sylvia.
Yes I searched the trees (and lots of other places) but so far have only found one other searcher.
The wonderful thing about researching family history is that I never get tired of searching and give even the remote chances a try.

Christine

Lorna

Lorna Report 4 Feb 2010 18:50

Please take a look at my tree, in particular Byard Greenland and Emily Gardiner, and a daughter Millicent Maude (greenland). Its one of our family mysteries
Lorna

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 8 Aug 2013 19:37

Byard Greenland was born Buckland Dinham, Somerset. killed his nephew by marriage and transported to Fremantle. He married a Catherine Latchford supposed to be convict. can find nothing about her. He then had a daughter by Emily Gardiner. Evelyn. UK

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2013 21:53

Evelyn

The last post before yours was well over 3 years ago.............

If you wish to try to contact C, click on the name, and send a message

If the e-mail is still the same, GR will try to notify the member

If, on the other hand, you require help........start a thread of your own, by clicking on 'add topic' at the top of this board.