Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Descendants of Clara Lewty.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeang

Jeang Report 16 Aug 2009 10:18

Clara Lewty b1876 in Leeds married John Gray in 1897 in Wakefield.Had 1 son, William (I know about this line), and 1 daughter, Gertrude Elizabeth Gray, in 1898. John left (possibly to Africa) and in 1901 Clara was with David Hefford as his wife. They married in 1906, had a daughter Caroline Hefford in 1906, who married wilfred Dexter in 1926. Trying to find out what happened to Clara, Gertrude or Caroline.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Aug 2009 10:37

Jean, sorry if it's stating the obvious, but have you been in touch with other members who have Clara in their trees? There are several. Just search using boxes above left.
Jan

Jeang

Jeang Report 16 Aug 2009 11:10

Hi Jan
Yes, they all got their info from me! There's just one who has no place of birth, so I'll try her.
Jean

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Aug 2009 11:44

Jean, don't know if you need this really, but have you found them in 1911? I can't see them anywhere!
And is that your tree I see on ancestry?
Jan

Jeang

Jeang Report 16 Aug 2009 12:00

Hi
Yes, I've tried the 1911 as well with no result. I think the tree on Ancestry might be Milton Gray's. We've been working together on this. A bit more info ... David Hefford died in May 1923. I found a marriage for Clara Hefford to a Frederick Gill in 1926 - the same page as Caroline's marriage to Wilfred Dexter.
Jean

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Aug 2009 12:04

Clara liked her marriages didn't she!
Have you found out where she was living when she married Frederick Gill? Might be possible to do a search of electoral register to see if there are other family members there. |Maybe frederick's family would be the next avenue to explore?
Jan

Jeang

Jeang Report 16 Aug 2009 15:09

No, I haven't tried that yet, thanks for the suggestion.
Jean

Kay

Kay Report 13 Sep 2013 12:53

Clara was my GGgrandmother! My great gran was Caroline Hefford who married Wilfred Dexter. Caroline and Wilfred are buried in Horbury Cemetary in Wakefield. They had lots of children including my gran Mavis who passed away recently. I'm visiting their grave this weekend, because after nan is cremated on Tuesday she wanted to be put with her parents. If you'd like any info from the grave I can get it for you. I think Caroline came from Calder Grove, she lived in a house by the Calder & Hebble navigation canal.

Kay.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Sep 2013 13:33

Kay

Check the last date on which Jean posted on here.

If you think her e-mail may still be the same as 4 years ago, click on her name to send a message, if you wish to try to make contact