Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SALTER/GIFFORD CHILDREN - CARDIFF?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SusanAnn

SusanAnn Report 21 Jun 2009 12:22

Hi,
with your kind help I have already found 10 children born to Joseph Salter and Annie Mary Jane Salter (nee Gifford) of Bristol. They were born all between 1921 and 1940.
I have since found another child - Vera.I. Salter born in Cardiff in 1941 (same parents surmames - I need to confirm this child by birth certificate).
I wonder if they had any more children either in Cardiff or Bristol.
Joseph (1894 - 1958) and Annie (1901 - 1955) both died in Bristol .They may have moved to Cardiff due to the war returning to Bristol after. Any ideas?
If any of their children were stillborn - would they have been registered in births? Any way of finding out. Please help - thank you
Sue

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Jun 2014 23:38

Hi Sue

Are you still researching as I am a cousin of Joseph Salter? Can't add much to your post but I, too, found 11 children and I have lots on other Salters. Willing to share information.

Regards

Drew

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Jun 2014 23:53

Hi Andrew and welcome to the boards.

Since Sue posted 5 years ago I doubt she will see your message. You could try clicking on her name and sending a private message. If she still has the same email address Genes will inform her that she has a message waiting for her from you.

You should remove your email address from your post as this is against GenesReunited terms and conditions.

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 20 Jun 2014 23:54

Welcolme to the boards Andrew

Click on Sues name and send a message, if her email address is still the same she will be notified

And could you please remove your email address as they are not allowed on this site