Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Agnes Cree born in Belfast 1940's/50's?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dennis

Dennis Report 15 May 2009 00:02

I am looking for my mother. Margaret Agnes Cree. born in Belfast. possibly in the 1940's/50's. She moved to London and had four children with my father. Dennis Valentine Dunne. After their seperation speculation suggested that she moved to Paddington London although my father is unwilling to provide me or my siblings with any information. E.g her date of birth, relatives or pictures. Any information would be gratefully received. Thank you

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 15 May 2009 00:24

Dear Dennis

This is a difficult one.

Are there other relatives or close family friends that you could discreetly ask about this matter?

Your father obviously feels very strongly and you could risk a rift with him if the matter is pushed too much.

If and when he is ready, he may give some information.

In the meantime, have you got a copy of your parents marriage certificate?

This would give her maiden name, age and fathers name.

Have you looked at the records at ancestry:

www.ancestry.co.uk

This is a website for all BMD records for UK and other countries.
Also, holds other records.

They have a 14 day free trial.

Very best wishes for your search.

Brian

Brian Report 15 May 2009 14:08

Sending you a pm with some possible information but by no means certain.

Dennis

Dennis Report 15 May 2009 20:11

Elizabeth and Brian - Thank you so much for your help in this matter. Unfortunately a rift began with my father when i was about eight years old. In my minds opinion i was a typical boy. fought with his siblings. In my fathers opinion it was too much to bare. So i was ordered to "clear off" and eventually i was found a foster family.

I don't regret anything that has happened in my life apart from missing out on having a mother, which i would still regret even if i hadn't been thrown out of the family home.

From early childhood memories i recall my mother trying to see us on several occasions after my father asked her to leave in 1977. But always the same scenario took place. He would lock us in the lounge and there would be shouting down the hall and she would promptly leave.

I have numerous times over the past 10+ years tried to speak to my father about my mother but he refuses point blank to even awknowledge her.

Therefore no information obtainable. Me and my father haven't spoken now for over 2 years and we've even passed each other in the street since then and not even a backwards glance been given.

I thought once that the lack of knowledge being received from my father to me was due to our rocky relationship but he is very close to my two remaining siblings and they get the cold shoulder approach when my mother is mentioned.

So here is the only information i have on my mother.

Name: Margaret Agnes Dunne (formally Cree)

Born: 1940's/50's

Birth Place: Belfast

Our first home: 29 Charnock house, White City Estate, London. W12

Married: Dennis Valentine Dunne

Children they had together: Anana, Dennis (me), Patrick and Mary.

Again thank you so much for you help.

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 1 Sep 2013 20:53

I might be your half sister. Please message me for confirmation. My mum married Anthony Carey in 1986 - I am 28. The details sound to me like they match but my mum wants to just confirm some more details in order not to put herself in a vulnerable position if it is not the right person. Hope to speak soon, please please message.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2013 21:18

Click on Dennis's name .......and send him a message

If you wait for him to re-visit this old thread, you could wait for ever

But.......your mother must know if she is the woman being discussed above

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 1 Sep 2013 21:58

I have sent a message, thank you, very new to this.

Flip

Flip Report 2 Sep 2013 05:39

http://www.missing-you.net/datapilot/searchresults.php

You could try sending a message on the above site as well, just in case his girlfriend still has the same e-mail address.

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 4 Sep 2013 17:03

Flip, I don't know what you mean about his girlfriend's e-mail address. Has she sent a message on there because I can't find anything on there for any of my siblings. Registering on all kinds of things. Posted a standard message anyhow and fingers crossed.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Sep 2013 17:16

Donna

go to that website that flip posted and the over on the left type in Margaret Cree and the press search

this message. copied and pasted comes up

Seeking: Margaret Agnes Cree
Message: I am looking for my future mother in law. my fiancee would love to be reunited with his mother. she was last seen about 1974 when my partner was only a few years old. Margaret was origonally from Belfast. She married Dennis Valentine Dunne and they lived together in white city in London. They had 4 children. Alana, Dennis, Patrick and Mary. Margaret could have either kept her married name or gone back to her maiden name. if you have any information at all that would help our search please contact.
Posted By: Samantha Lord on Saturday 9 February 2008
Send Reply Report This Message

press on the Reply box and send your message hopefully it will get picked up as Samantha posted that missing you request in 2008

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 4 Sep 2013 17:22

found it and replied, thank you, I cannot believe how helpful people on here are.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Sep 2013 18:07

Dennis is on Facebook. Send him a friend request explaining who you are:

https://www.facebook.com/dennis.cree

Rose

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 4 Sep 2013 20:52

speaking on facebook - thank you so much everyone

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Sep 2013 21:45

Great stuff! Hope it is a happy and successful contact.

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 5 Mar 2014 21:39

rootgatherer, we have met, I have met my two nieces and a nephew is on the way. Gone much better than I could have anticipated. Thanks for everyone's help. I am still looking for others so help still appreciated please :)