Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*Zella*

*Zella* Report 8 Oct 2008 20:19

Hi,
I'm looking for a family by the name of Thomas. If anyone has any information on any of them, please answer this.

Edward Thomas - b.1805 - Christchurch, Dorset, England
married Jane Howell - b.1807 - Binstead, Hampshire, England
Children:
- Ann Thomas - b.1829 - Egham, Surrey, England
- Jabez Edward Thomas - b.1831 - Egham
- William Howell Thomas - b.1833 - Harmond North, Middlesex, England
- Joshua Thomas - b.1836 - Aston, Warwickshire, England
- Adeline Thomas - b.1841 - Bilton, Warwickshire, England
- Elizabeth Thomas - b.1844 - Bilton

William (b.1833) married Elizabeth Mills (b.1832 - Stafford, England) in Stafford in 1852.
Children:
- William Edward Thomas - b.1854 - Birmingham, West Midlands, England

William (b.1854) married Elizabeth Rayner (b.1852 - Birmingham) in Birmingham in 1880.
Children:
- Florence E Thomas - b.1881-d.c1952 - Birmingham
- Howell W Thomas - b.1884 - Durham, County Durham, England
- Ada E Thomas - b.1886 - Durham
- Nelly B J Thomas - b.1888 - Durham
- Gerty M E Thomas - b.1889 - Durham
- Rose Margaret Thomas - b.1891 - Durham
- Adeline M Thomas -b.1892 - Durham

Florence (b.1881) married Arthur Albert Holder (b.1875 - Birmingham).
Children:
- Eric Albert Holder - b.1911-d.1987 - Birmingham

Eric (b.1911) married Lilian Dorothy Watts (b.1915-d.2004 - Paddington, London, England).

Rose (b.1891) married twice. Her first husband was Frank Grey (b.c1891-d.c1918 - Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, England). Frank and Rose married in Sunderland in 1913.
Children:
- Florence Grey - b.1915 - Sunderland

Rose's second husband was Benjamin Foreman (b.1883-d.1924 - Sunderland). They married in Sunderland on 20th Dec 1919.
Children
- Margaret Foreman - b.1921-d.1988 - Sunderland

Any help would be appreciated.

Adrianne

Adrianne Report 11 Jun 2013 21:51

Hi Zella

I am a GG granddaughter of Edward Thomas 1804. His daughter Elizabeth Howell Thomas married my G Grandfather Edmund Jones in Nelson NZ. I have been fascinated by the Rev Thomas and trying to find out more about his time in England before immigration to New Zealand. I have quite a bit of information about his time in NZ and the family that followed him. It looks like William Howell Thomas 1833 was the only one of his children not to immigrate.
I see it is quite a while since you posted this so you may have already found out quite a bit of info but I am really pleased to find your post as had been wondering what happened to William and if he had descendants still in England

Regards
Adrianne Watson

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 11 Jun 2013 21:53

Hello Adrianne - as you noticed it's years since Zella posted this.

You could click on her name and try to make contact her by direct message as she's probably not checking for replies on the thread.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 11 Jun 2013 21:55

Adrianne -
Welcome to the boards.

You will have more chance of a reply if you send Zella a personal message (click on her name at the top of her post).
If she is still registered with Genes, your message will be sent to her email address.
She is unlikely to be looking here on the board after such a long time.

Good luck!

Adrianne

Adrianne Report 11 Jun 2013 21:57

Many thanks will try that!