Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Aussie Deuchars

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joy

joy Report 19 Apr 2008 04:10

Hi im trying to make contact with family of John James Deuchars born NSW Australia 1923. Mother Elsie May ( George ) died 20yrs of age with child birth complications im a descendant from
her mothers side Maude Rebecca Rivers and would like information about that side if someone could help.
Joy

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 19 Apr 2008 07:29

Found this possible marriage

Reg. Number Groom's Surname Groom's Given Name(s) Bride's Last Name at Time of Marriage Bride's Given Name(s) District
6649/1946... DEUCHARS .. JOHN JAMES .. CRILLEY... MAUYA WINIFRED .... RANDWICK

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 19 Apr 2008 07:44

John james senior married again,
Reg. Number Groom's Surname Groom's Given Name(s) Bride's Last Name at Time of Marriage Bride's Given Name(s) District

5004/1928... DEUCHARS ... JOHN J ... CORRIGAN ...PHILOMENA M... SYDNEY

Australian Electoral Rolls, 1901-1936 about John James Deuchars
Name: John James Deuchars
Electoral Year: 1930
State: New South Wales
District: West Sydney
Subdistrict: Pyrmont
OCCUPATION ; Motor-driver
ADDRESS ; 598 Harris St.
with Philomena Mary, h/d

No John J (sen) in 1936
Australian Electoral Rolls, 1901-1936 about Philomena Mary Deuchars
Name: Philomena Mary Deuchars
Electoral Year: 1936
State: New South Wales
District: West Sydney
Subdistrict: Phillip
ADDRESS : 111 Abercrombie St., City

Lewella

Lewella Report 19 Apr 2008 07:46

Check the Ryerson Index

http://www.ryersonindex.org/

John James Deuchars died March 1990

Also try

www.whitepages.com.au

There are several Deuchars in NSW

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 19 Apr 2008 07:57

Can not find John J (snr) on any electoral roll for 1936.

Kerry

Kerry Report 25 Apr 2014 13:07

Hi Joy, my late father was John James Deuchars born on the 25th September 1923. Father John James Deuchars and mother Elsie May George who passed away in childbirth . My grandfather Re married Philomenia Mary and they had a son Edward. I never knew my grandfather as he died when I was only 3 weeks old. As my father and his sister Vera were brought up by their grandmother Fanny Deuchars he never really had anything to do with Philomenia except every year on Mother's Day he took her chocolates and on a couple of occasions he took me with him. Dad's sister Vera married and her married name was Spooner she died as a result of a car accident in about 1973 she had 3 daughters Joan Gail and Judith. I have 2 brothers John James born 1946 and died in 2009 and Mark . I am a widow with 2 girls and my married name is Adams. My father never saw a photo of his mother and he always wished he knew something about her. Dad passed away on the 20th March 1990.
I would be pleased to hear from you.
Kerry Patricia Adams nee Deuchars.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Apr 2014 17:36

Kerry

Joy didn't respond to the help offered 6 years ago, so she isn't likely to see your post now.

If you think her e-mail may still be the same as in 2008, send her a message by clicking on her name