Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Seeking Adelaide Christabelle Thomas, ch.15Sep1803

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 12 Aug 2008 22:06

Looking for connections up/down to/from Adelaide Christabelle Thomas, christened 15Sep1803 Bodenham, Hereford, UK.

Parents James and Ann Thomas, siblings unknown.

Connection to me is that about age 19 she married Henry Honychurch in Barbados, West Indies, and (among other children) produced Melita Blanche Honychurch - who was my gggrandmother.

Any info, relations and connections, please.

Jim Lynch
http://www.candoo.com/contactform/index.html

James

James Report 13 Jun 2013 02:07

With time and research I now know that this Adelaide Christabelle Thomas was christened in Bodenham, Hereford, England on 15 Aug 1830.

She bore Henry Honychurch 11 children, some of whom are still alive today.

My contact form above remains at the same address...

Jim

Gee

Gee Report 13 Jun 2013 07:38

Hi Jim

Are you still looking for information, if so, what?

Cant see any of her children still being alive today though

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jun 2013 07:53

Have you looked for her on the 1841 census?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 13 Jun 2013 08:36

Adelaide Christabelle's marriage and the baptisms of her children are all on FamilySearch. There is absolutely no way any of those children could still be alive today! For example Clara was born 1866 so would be 147 if still alive.

Jim, if people wish to contact you then all they would do is click on your name to send a personal message. The more usual way of proceeding would be for them to post any details here on this thread.

If you're wanting to make connections then you need to be proactive and use the Search Trees facility under Search on the menu above to see if anyone else has the same people in their trees on here.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jun 2013 11:07

1803........or 1830?

Which year is accurate, James

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jun 2013 11:08

Right.....for accuracy..............

Name: Adelaide Thomas
Christening Date: 15 Aug 1830
Christening Place: BODENHAM,HEREFORD,ENGLAND
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: James Thomas
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Anne
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: K13703-2
System Origin: England-ODM
GS Film number: 992636

Mike *

Mike * Report 13 Jun 2013 12:07

Are you sure you have the right Adelaide ?
You originally quoted DOB as Sept 1803

You have christening date as 15th Aug 1830 but this does not show a middle name.

and if you indeed know of some of her children still being alive she must have been born a LOT later than either of those dates.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 13 Jun 2013 13:35

I don't think we can help Jim further unless he clarifies dates and what info he is after.

Who on earth has reported Reggie without having the courtesy to say the have done so, and why?

James

James Report 13 Jun 2013 22:52

My apologies if someone got frustrated with my silence. Truth is, I went through a bout of leukemia and chemo, and last year also moved homes. So I let my subscription lapse for a few years (and so did not get alerts of your responses) and now - with better health - I am back doing a bit of research again.

Adelaide Christabelle Thomas was actually born 1830 - I obviously had bad info to start off, sorry - and who she really was is a family mystery, even to her grandchildren (who are seniors today). So I'd really like to connect to someone in her family to see if there is any info available about what she was like, any photographs, how she met her husband (and where), and so on.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2013 12:57

Only someone who knew her could tell you what she was like, so the candidates for that info are her grandchildren.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2013 12:59

These may not be connected.......but worth investigating, perhaps

From the IGI....free to all

https://familysearch.org/

Henry Thomas
England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening: 19 October 1822 BODENHAM,HEREFORD,ENGLAND
parents: James Thomas, Ann
Nicholas Thomas

christening: 5 July 1813 BODENHAM,HEREFORD,ENGLAND
William Thomas

christening: 3 June 1811 BODENHAM,HEREFORD,ENGLAND
James Thomas

christening: 30 July 1809 BODENHAM,HEREFORD,ENGLAND

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2013 13:01

Are you 100% certain that the baptism is your relative?

When did she acquire the additional forename?

When did she die?

Have you thought of obtaining her marriage cert.........to confirm her father's details

James

James Report 7 Mar 2015 17:05

Sorry for the absence, guys, but life has been a bit hard and I found it difficult to pay the subscription again due to personal bankruptcy - cancer has affected more than my health. But this site has been a Godsend - by finding matches and asking for GEDCOM files I multiplied my database from 1,300 to now over 23,000 at very little cost.

The Adelaide Christabelle Thomas I am looking for is still elusive, and I am not even sure now that she is the one from Bodenham. I have refrained from saying so up front, but the family lore is that she was a woman of loose morals - maybe even a prostitute - who came in from either the UK or Trinidad and latched on to their relative. Another family lore is that she was the mulatto daughter of a plantation owner and a black woman.

In any case, I can't see an 18-year-old catching a 45-year-old that way. The last of her children was born in 1866, so he would have been 63 at that point.

Not impossible, just improbable.

Nobody is around any more to say for sure - i had hoped to find an exact name match, but no such luck so far, for a birth anywhere in the world - it is a unique name.

Thanks much for your time and patience, I think we will have to wait quite a bit longer for a resolution (if any).

Because I am in and out of subscription, the contact form linked above will reach me... but please bear in mind that I occasionally have to shut that down due to SPAMmers giving me a hard time, too. If it is blank, please give me a week and try again, shutting the form and the script down completeley is the only way to stop the stream of garbage they send.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Mar 2015 17:47

James sorry to hear you have had a bad time, one thing I can tell you though is that should anyone see your post and want to make contact to share info, as long as they are a paying member it won't matter that you aren't, they can still send you a message via this board as you remain a 'free member' of GR when your sub ends...as long as GR have a current email address for you, you will receive notification of any messages. :-)

safc

safc Report 7 Mar 2015 17:56

Name: Henry Honychurch
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Spouse's Name: Adelaide Christabelle Thomas
Spouse's Birth Date:
Spouse's Birthplace:
Spouse's Age:
Event Date: 17 Oct 1848
Event Place: Saint Michael,Barbadoes,Caribbean
Father's Name:
Mother's Name:
Spouse's Father's Name:
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Race:
Marital Status:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M51395-7
System Origin: Caribbean-ODM
GS Film number: 1157929
Reference ID:

Citing this Record:
"Caribbean, Marriages, 1591-1905," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XL2R-S6T : accessed 7 March 2015), Henry Honychurch and Adelaide Christabelle Thomas, 17 Oct 1848; citing Saint Michael,Barbadoes,Caribbean, reference ; FHL microfilm 1,157,929.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 8 Mar 2015 10:00

I would have to disagree with your statement about an 18 year old not 'catching' a 45 year old. He probably thought all his birthdays had come at once!

You seem to know all about her children, but have given hardly any info about their names and birth places

Are they on any UK censuses?