Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Cartney Scott (known as Taylor)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

fionalesley

fionalesley Report 8 Jul 2009 22:14

Having great difficulty finding this man.He was the illegitimate son of Mary Jane Scott & was born 5th October 1908 in New Pitsligo,Aberdeenshire. Mary married James Cobban Taylor in 1910 & John & his 2 older sisters were all brought up as Taylors.I cannot find him after 1926 when he was working as a farm servant in Aberdeenshire.Has anyone come across him in their research?

fionalesley

fionalesley Report 10 Jul 2009 23:08

Yes, I have checked Search Trees. I've also been to a registry office but could n't find a marriage nor death certificate for him. Perhaps he left Scotland.There's also the chance he may have died in ww2 although I've also searched cwgc & found nothing.

fionalesley

fionalesley Report 24 Oct 2010 21:17

Still looking for information on John!

Gina

Gina Report 3 Nov 2010 17:32

Hi Fiona

Don't think he is one of our Scott's. Have you tried Scotland's People. Where was he in 1926 when he was working as a farm servant. I can have a look at any info I have re Scott's

fionalesley

fionalesley Report 5 Jan 2011 21:15

Yes I've been searching on scotlandspeople for many years. In 1926 he was working at Bogs, Kininmonth. Up to that point he was known as John Taylor. It's strange that none of the Taylor family has any knowledge of him! I've contacted one of his nieces in the hope that her branch of the family may have some information on him.

fionalesley

fionalesley Report 6 Mar 2013 20:56

I still haven't got any further in my search for this man :-(