Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Stonebridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2003 20:00

Looking for any STONEBRIDGE'S originally from the Bedfordshire area. My grandfather Leslie Ronald Stonebridge was born in Bedford in 1914 and grew up in Newnham Avenue, Bedford. His father Albert Charles Stonebridge was born in Wilstead, Beds in 1885 and his mother was Ada Caroline Ludman, from Cambridge. Albert Charles died shortly after the end of the First World War and Ada remarried and became Ada White (she lived in Newnham Avenue until at least the mid seventies). I know my grandfather had brothers Charles Albert Stonebridge (always known as Albert apparently) b 1912 in Bedford, Stanley Stonebridge b 1916 and a sister Gladys Stonebridge b? and I would love to hear from anyone connected as I have traced my tree back to late 1700's and would be happy to share this information. Caroline Hammond (nee Stonebridge).