Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Snow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 4 Feb 2007 16:58

I'm looking for descendants of George Snow, a carpenter, born about 1807 in Woodbury, Devon, but who settled nearby in Withycombe Raleigh, Devon. I know he had 3 wives, Hermione (no surname), Sarah Trickey and Sarah Moore Melhuish. I know there were children, George Eveleigh born about 1836, who married Mary Ann Jewell, John born 1842 who married Mary Lasky Skoines, William born 1844 who married Emily Garland and Emma born 1848, my great grandmother, who married John Bourn(e)

Gordon

Gordon Report 11 Nov 2013 22:49

If you are still looking, I may be able to help. George's son John had a large family, one of whom, Ernest Leopold, was my grandfather. I think, with your connection to John's sister Emma, that we may be third cousins.

Your message has rekindled my own interest, and led me to find out several new bits of information about the family. We have several marriage and death certificates, including the marriage of George Snow and Sarah Trickey, which lists G's father as William.

We had not known about G's other marriages, but the 1871 census shows him at age 64 living at the same address in Withycombe Raleigh with Emma, aged 22, and in 1881 he was 74 and living with Sarah, 60, who must have been wife number three.

We should be interested to exchange further information if available.

Regards

Gordon Snow
Oxford

jax

jax Report 11 Nov 2013 22:52

Hi Gordon welcome to the boards

As Brian has no posts to his name he may not be using the site now

Click on his name and send a private message, if his email is still the same he will be notified