Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Sears

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 28 Sep 2006 22:21

Hi All, This one's interesting. :-) I have my great grandfather Charles William Drury b1856 m1880 d1920 married to someone called Lucy in 1881 census. I am trying to trace Lucy. My grandfather's birth certificate details Lucy as nee Sears. Now here's the interesting bit. In the 1881 census she is listed with a place of birth in Woodbury, Cambs. I can't find a Woodbury in Cambridgeshire but I have found a short history of a Woodbury Hall in Cambridgeshire which was sold by William Booth (of the Booths Gin family) in 1858 (Lucy's dob) some time after he moved to Paxton, Near St Neots. Charles and Lucy were living in Paxton in 1881. :-) I wonder if anyone could help me find Lucy. I expect her to be the offspring of a servant perhaps, born at Woodbury before it was sold. Any ideas how to track her down? I will try to contact the Booth family but I doubt if there will be much help there. The chances of records of that time are small. ... Thanks to Jean I've now got a good deal of stuff about Lucy and her family. I would now like to trace her siblings. If anyone can help here I would appreciate it. They are: George b1850 Gamlingay, Cambs. Henry b1856 Woodbury, Cambs. (I have a little on him, including a wife and 2 kids) Elizabeth b1860 Little Paxton, Hunts. Louisa b1865 do. Harriet b1868 do. I'm stuck again. :-( Paul

Gloria

Gloria Report 25 Jan 2014 15:00

Paul if you know a Mary Holland, can you ask her to get in touch with Gloria Saundry as I've now found the photograph that she wanted ;-)

Gloria

Gloria Report 25 Jan 2014 15:00

Paul if you know a Mary Holland, can you ask her to get in touch with Gloria Saundry as I've now found the photograph that she wanted ;-)

Gloria

Gloria Report 25 Jan 2014 15:01

P.S Forgot to say the photograph is of William James Sears

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2014 15:16

Gloria,

Paul posted this more than 7 years ago, and may no longer be a member.

You could try and click on his name to send him a message. If he still has the same email address he can be contacted that way.