Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Schweihs/Schweiss

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marguarita

Marguarita Report 21 Mar 2003 07:54

SMITH - Some members of the family changed their name from Schweihs/Schweiss and lived by the name of SMITH. I am endeavouring to find the children or grandchildren, even great grandchildren of Alfred and Edith (Edie) Smith who lived at The Green, Wennington, Near Rainham, Essex. Alfred was my father's brother, his name was actually Emil but always called Bert. He lived in Raynes Park, London and was married to Alex. Alfred worked in the print for many years in and around Fleet Street. I believe he and Edie had 10 children, I only met one named George when he was doing his National Service. There is a lot of family in UK wanting to find our cousins who lived in Essex. These are the children and grandchildren of Alfred's sisters Eva Collins and Josephine Rees, both nee Schweiss. There was also a sister Louise who lived in Germany in the Black Forest and a brother Bob Newman (another changed name from Schweiss) who lived n Earls Court. I believe some of Alfred's sons worked at Fords, Dagenham. Thanks for any help.