Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OLIVE AND MARGARET SALTER? BORN IN BRISTOL

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SusanAnn

SusanAnn Report 16 May 2009 16:58

Iam looking to find information about my Mums sisters. They were born in Bristol between 1915 and 1935. Their parents were Joseph and Annie (nee Gifford) Salter. It was a large family and so far I have found seven other offspring (confirmed dates of birth). I cannot find these two but when talking to other family members their names have been mentioned.
Any information would be great,
thank you,
Sue

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 16 May 2009 17:06

Joseph F Salter Apr May Jun 1921 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Helen Salter Apr May Jun 1922 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Olive M Salter Oct Nov Dec 1925 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Ronald Salter Apr May Jun 1928 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Doreen A Salter Jan Feb Mar 1930 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Pamela J Salter Jan Feb Mar 1930 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Reginald R Salter Apr May Jun 1931 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Raymond J Salter Oct Nov Dec 1933 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Margaret M A Salter Oct Nov Dec 1937 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Brian A Salter Jan Feb Mar 1940 Bristol Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire

ALL with MMN Gifford

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Oct 2015 18:17

Hi!
I have just this last two days been researching the Salters on behalf of my cousin Lee Robinson. She is the daughter of June Salter (nee Harris) and Ronald Salter who is your Mum's brother. They were married in 1963 and had five children. Ron passed away in 1982 but June is still well and truly alive! I met her two weeks ago.
Lee didn't think she'd ever find anything about her father and his siblings but I've found a great deal but any info you could let me have would be wonderful. I suppose you know about the 1941 incident which I don't want to publish here but I'm happy to tell you about privately? Lee is very anxious to make contact with her Dad's family.
Would you be happy to contact her?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Tony Malin
PS May I see your Genes tree please?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Oct 2015 18:55

Hi, Tony. Welcome to the boards.

Unfortunately, you have answered an old post - 2009.
Susan Ann isn't likely to be looking for replies here now.

You can try to contact her by a private message - click on her name at the top of her message, and complete the resulting form.
If she still has the email address with which she registered with GR, she will be notified that she has a message from you.

You may be lucky - good luck!