Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anthony rigby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Feb 2009 09:57

I am trying to find relatives of my father anthony steven rigby who was born in 1952 in sheffield but who was brought up in the denaby area in doncaster.His mothers maiden name was legget and i was told they had a small grocers shop in denaby.
My dad also had a brother named neil and a sister named patricia ,their father was Harold and mother moira or moina.
I have got no connections at all for my dads family at all and they are proving very hard to trace.
my dads mum went on to remarry and had another son byron who passed away and two daughters anita and julie.
If anyone as any info about any of these family members i would be grateful Thankyou

Paul

Paul Report 7 Feb 2009 10:21

Patricia A Rigby was registered in Don Valley, 1st quarter 1955, and the mother maiden name was spelt 'Legat' - also the same spelling of Legat for Anthony's registration in 1952.

Neil Rigby, born 1st quarter 1957, also registered in Don Valley, but mothers maiden name shown as 'Lecat'

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 7 Feb 2009 10:26

Dawn,

This looks like parents marriage.

Moyna Legat married Harold Rigby AMJ quarter 1952 Don Valley volume 2b page 695.

Sylvie

Paul

Paul Report 7 Feb 2009 10:27

The only Legat birth I can find with a christian name similar to what you said is Mona L R Legat, registered Newcastle-on-Tyne, 1st quarter 1920.

It is a rare surname, with only 19 registered births in England and Wales in a twenty year period from 1920-40 - including a small number in Sheffield and Doncaster.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 7 Feb 2009 10:42

Dawn,
This looks like her birth??

Moyna Leget birth registered AMJ quarter 1934 Doncaster 9c 1105 mothers maiden name Greenhalgh.

Sylvie

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 7 Feb 2009 10:50

Dawn,
Possible parents for Moyna??

William R Legat married Hilda Greenhalgh OND quarter 1931 Doncaster 9c 1743.

Sylvie

Jamie

Jamie Report 29 Sep 2015 15:28

Hi Anthony I see its been a few years but moyna was my grandads sister I am just in early stages of doing my family tree my grandads parents was William and Hilda my mum knows a bit more jamie

malyon

malyon Report 29 Sep 2015 17:24

try sending a pm by clicking on dawn's name she may still be a member

greyghost

greyghost Report 29 Sep 2015 17:35

Hi Jamie, welcome to the boards.

You've noticed that Dawn posted a while ago and she may not be a member still or probably not checking for replies after all this time.

If you click on her name you will have the opportunity to send her a Personal Message (PM) through the Genes Reunited system. If she still has the same email address as when she registered with GR they will let her know there is a message for her. You can check in your sent messages if she has opened the message by seeing whether or not an unopened envelope sits beside the message.

Whether she gets the message and then whether she answers is another matter, there may be a variety of reasons.

Jamie

Jamie Report 30 Sep 2015 10:52

Hi yes thanks I've done that hopefully she might get in touch