Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robinson/Murray

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosamund (Rosie)

Rosamund (Rosie) Report 25 Aug 2010 21:22

I am trying to find descendants of Rex B Robinson and Betty Murray who married in the period July-September 1941.

Betty Murray was born in December 1916 in the Salford area - she is my aunt - have lost contact with the family and trying to trace their whereabouts - their brother William Alfred Murray - died September 1949 was my father.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 Aug 2010 21:57

The only birth of a Rex to match was in 1914, so I would think this is his death, in case this helps (a family member may have signed the death certificate):

Name: Rex Brandwood Robinson
Birth Date: 21 Aug 1914
Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 1995
Age at death (estimated): 80
Registration district: Aberconwy
Inferred County: Gwynedd
Register number: 113
District and Subdistrict: 8451
Entry number: 89

This death would match for Betty, in case you don't have it:

Name: Betty Hope Robinson
Birth Date: 10 Nov 1916
Death Registration Month/Year: Jun 1990
Age at death (estimated): 73
Registration district: Aberconwy
Inferred County: Gwynedd
Volume: 25
Page: 503

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 Aug 2010 22:00

There are Robinson-Murray births in Lancashire around the right time, but there are other Robinson-Murray marriages that likely account for them better.

Do you know whether they had children?

Rosamund (Rosie)

Rosamund (Rosie) Report 26 Aug 2010 05:31

I do not know if they had any children but I do believe they lived in Llandudno for a time so that would fit regarding the deaths - Rosie

Pam

Pam Report 31 Jul 2013 17:49

Hi Rosie,
I am your cousin Pam! So glad I've just found your message, I only hope you still check for a reply. I remember your father as he lived with us at 10 Hawthorn Drive - my mum was his sister Winifred, known as Wynne. We moved to Cheshire in 1952 after he'd died and I suppose that was when you lost touch with our gran. I would love to hear from you if possible. You have six living cousins so I'd have loads to tell you.
Pam

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 31 Jul 2013 19:43

Hello Pam, welcome to the boards.

It's 3 years since Rosie posted this so she most likely isn't checking back for replies.

You could try clicking on her name to send a direct message to her. If she's kept an up to date email address registered then she should be notified of your contact.

Good luck.