Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Porter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patrick

Patrick Report 14 Sep 2003 13:42

Trying to find relatives of my Grandfather JOHN PORTER born in Raphoe Co. Donegal Ireland about 1864 married Elizabeth McDermid/McDermot 1884 in Scotland. He died 27 March 1932. They had several children.Some of the sons names were John(Deceased) who was the Provost of Greenock for a number of years, George (my father deceased)and Hugh (deceased)last know address Whitelees Rd Greenock Scotland

Scott

Scott Report 30 Aug 2013 22:54

Hello, John Porter was my Great Great Grandfather;

John Porter = Matha Lawrie . . . . . . . . . . . . John McDermott = Elizabeth Campbell
. . . . . . . . . . . . John Porter (b1862) = Elizabeth McDermott (b1865)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . James Campbell Porter = Bridget Monaghan
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Charles Brown Porter = Sarah Marjory Hayes
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Charles Brown Porter = Anne Elizabeth Rickerby
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Scott Brown Porter (me)

John and Elizabeth were married 06/12/1884, Rothesay. My Great Grandfather James was born 1886, married Bridget on 01/01/1913, and died in 1956. I don't know a lot about John, but I knew his son John was provost of Greenock in the 1950's, and another son died in the war (I'll need to dig out my records)?
James' address was 34 Anthony St, Anderston, Glasgow. He and Bridget had 11 Children, my Grandad Charles was the eldest.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Scott

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Aug 2013 22:57

Scott

Patrick posted this thread 10 years ago so I doubt that he will see your reply. You could try clicking on his name and if he still has the same email address he will be notified of your message.

Kath. x