Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Oates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 21 Nov 2004 01:13

OATES (SOUTH ELMSALL / SOUTH KIRKBY) HORACE CECIL OATES was my Grandfather. Married EMMA WOODHEAD. They had 4 children - JOYCE (married Peter Hayward), JOHN ALAN ('JACK') (MY FATHER) (married Sophia Butterwood), SYLVIA (married Paul Rusby), CAROL (married Mike Gillian) HORACE CECIL also had a brother GEORGE ERNEST OATES and I am sure that they were related to CHARLES OATES buried in HOOTON PAGNALL Also I have been told that my Great Grandfather was the undertaker at CLAYTON village but I know nothing more of him Any information would be much appreciated Regards Pete Oates

Angela

Angela Report 5 Nov 2007 19:10

Noticed your Oates - we have a George Edward Oates Clayton born in Ecclesall Bierlow (Rotherham area)in Sept. 1850. One of his son's was called Horace and was my husband's grandfather (his grandmother married three times) Maybe of some use to you.

Helen

Helen Report 8 Mar 2013 19:03

Hi - Just found your message by a fluke - are you still looking?

Sylvia Rusby was my godmother and my mother's best friend - my mother is 83 and will be able to tell you some more information. Best wishes Helen

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 8 Mar 2013 19:07

Hello Helen, given the number of years elapsed since Peter posted this I doubt he's checking back for replies.

You could click on his name to send a direct message and, if he has an up to date email address registered, he'll be notified of your contact.

Helen

Helen Report 8 Mar 2013 19:23

Hi - Just found your message by a fluke - are you still looking?

Sylvia Rusby was my godmother and my mother's best friend - my mother is 83 and will be able to tell you some more information. Best wishes Helen

Helen

Helen Report 8 Mar 2013 19:24

Hi MarieCeleste - just reposted message by accident. Thank you for your reply - I have already done as you are suggesting and posted directly to Peter.

best wishes Helen :-)