Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Nicholls, Nichols

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 11 Feb 2007 11:03

I am trying to find long lost relatives probably still in the Luton, Beds area. In 1894 our grandfather, Alfred Nicholls, changed his surname to Nichols with one l. My grandfather (railway examiner) born 1870, died when my father was 5 years old, and consequently my father later lost touch with his relatives in Luton as his mother moved to the Oxford area. My grandfather had at least 3 brothers, Frank, Walter, William and we believe a sister. One of his uncles kept a grocery store in Park Street, Luton, and another managed a cinema in London. Walter Nicholls we believe had 3 sons Percy (1893), Walter (1898) and William (1890). I believe that our greatgrandfather was William Nicholls (1846) and greatgrandmother Sarah Ann Nicholls. We have a few photographs, one outside the shop with my father and his uncle Walter). We would be so thrilled to hear from one of our relatives from Luton. I live in Croatia and am very interested in research on the subject ot long lost relatives. Joyce

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Sep 2013 17:28

my grandfather was William(1890) I still live in Luton

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Sep 2013 17:35

You really have to remove your email addy as it is against the Terms and Condtions to display it

Have you tried to contact Joyce

If she still has the same emal addy then she will get notification of a message thru GR

Will send a pm

Potty

Potty Report 28 Sep 2013 17:36

David, this is quite an thread and Joyce doesn't seem to have come back to it. You can send her message by clicking on her name and if she still has the same email address, GR will notify her.

Also, please will you remove your email address, against GR's T&Cs and as this is a public board not a good idea to have it on here.