Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ian Milton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 3 Jan 2005 18:31

My brother Howard and I are researching the Milton family who lived in Sandhurst Kent and over the border in Bodiam, Suseex and nearby from at least mid 1700s. We have the direct line back to John Milton who married in 1798, but have only a few guesses before then. Is there anyone who has a connection with this arm of the family at that time, who may help us progress? - Ian Milton

Heidi

Heidi Report 27 Jul 2008 21:59

well you got further then me i got milton back to 1906 so well done!

Joe

Joe Report 24 Oct 2013 20:58

Hi Ian -I don't know if you are still on this site. I have just started (I'm Judith Milton) not Joe who is my son. My brother did my family tree ages ago but I wanted to do my ex husbands side for my kids. I have so far only got to my ex husbands grandparents .I have no idea if we are related but wondering if looking at your tree may help me.

Thanks

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Oct 2013 21:05

Have you tried to contact Ian as he has only one post against his name

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 24 Oct 2013 21:08

Hello Judith, welcome to the boards.

You've obviously noticed that it was years ago that Joe posted - he's never posted again since.

You could try clicking on his name to send a direct message - if he's kept an up to date email address registered then he'll be notified of your message.

However, why not start a thread of your own and people on here will be only too happy to try to help you find the records you need. Have a look at the Help Clinic link on the left for useful information as to how to get the best results from your requst.

Good luck.