Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McMurtry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 12 Apr 2007 22:12

Looking for the family of Jenny Kerr Poag and William McMurtry a Carpenter from Glenoe, Co. Antrim. Jenny Poag was a neice of my late Grandmother Isabella Drummond, nee Banford and I am trying to bring the Family Bibles up to date. As us older cousins in the family get fewer the less people to ask for information. I had the good fortune to copy the Bible entries for the Banford, Jackson and Drummond family's some 45 years ago and they only came to light again three years ago. Your help to fill in many gaps in the records would be much appreciated. Thankyou, John Drummond.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 16 Aug 2015 12:05

I do not know if I am related to William McMurtry but My ancestor was an Isabella McMurtry who lived in Belfast. Her father was a hugh McMurtry who was a clerk. She married John Blair in 1870.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Aug 2015 12:31

Hi, Elizabeth -

You've replied to an old thread from 2007. It's not likely that John will be looking here for replies now.

You can try sending him a private message - click on his name at the top of his posting.

Would you like us to try to help you?
If so , please say what you hope to find, and give us as much info as possible. Any clue may be useful!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Aug 2015 12:33

For our reference:

Isabella M'Murtry

in the Ireland, Civil Registration Marriages Index, 1845-1958
Name: Isabella M'Murtry
Date of Registration: 1870
Registration district: Belfast
Volume: 16
Page Number: 403
FHL Film Number: 101251
Records on Page:
Name
Isabella M'Murtry
William Larmour
John Blair <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
John Lewis
Agnes Stewart
Samuel Martin
Mary Magennis
Anne Rodgers

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Aug 2015 12:42

Do you know if they had children?

???

1901 Census, Ireland

Residents of a house 23 in Benwell Street (Clifton, Antrim)

Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
Calwell Agnes 19 Female Boarder Church of Ireland
Blair Elizabeth 4 Female Daughter Medothist - Born Belfast
Blair John 50 Male Head of Family Methodist - born Co. Antrim - labourer in iron works
Campbell William 23 Male Visitor Church of Ireland
Blair Isabella 49 Female Wife Methodist - born Co Antrim - flax preparer

EDIT:
A tree on Ancestry says this is the right family.