Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rolande Gay

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rolande

Rolande Report 17 Mar 2003 03:59

Re: McKee surname search and for family members. McKees went to Canada about 1847 from Ireland. From there, some went to the northern parts of Maine and other states. The farthest back I have been ablt to go with info is that Thomas McKee, born abt.1770's, in Ireland. His wife was Maragret and one of their children was John McKee, born abt. 1816 in Down, Ireland. He married Margaret Roddie abt. 1830 and one of his children was Thomas McKee, born in Canada around 1849. Thomas married Sarah E. and one of their children was George Ira Mckee. George was born abt. 1870's and married Jennie Bartlett. They had 13 children and one of them was my grandfather, David Emil McKee. David was born on 23/01/1910 in Calais, Maine, USA. He married Velma Faustina Morrison and had 3 children: Kenneth Emil, Darleen Vilda, and Brian David Mckee. Darleen is my mother. I was born on 28/12/1957 to Robert R. Holmes and Darleen Vilda Mckee. I was married on 4/05/1983 to Norman Allen Gay. We have 7 children and 5 grandchildren. Any information would be welcome. May God bless you all!