Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McCutcheon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 16 Mar 2003 16:51

Any relatives of George McCutcheon, born 1926 and died 1983 in Penicuik, Midlothian. One living sister Isobel , currently in Edinburgh, - Elizabeth (moved to Scarborough) and unsure if Georgina ( Aunt Sadie)still alive. Cousins from this were:Aunt Sadie, Robert, Georgina, and couusins Aunt Elizabeth, Janette and Elizabeth. Aunt Isobel: James (King) and Susanne (plus others from her second marriage) My Dad was married to Angela (Sarah) Mouatt, from Edinburgh. (a big family) and whose family originated from Shetland. Whilst living in Glaskhill Terrace, Penicuik, they had myself Carol Linda, Maureen (died when a baby) brother George and sister Deborah. All with the exception of George now have families. Deborah lives in Liverpool, Linda and Morag in Penicuik, George in Edinburgh and I am in Blantyre. Dad was a miner for years, walked many greyhounds (no winners!) loved supporting the rugby (also played) and winding my Mum up! Both he and Mum died very young, Due to circumstances, we have limited photographs of he and Mum, none of any other relatives,none of Linda and myself whilst babies, We have only one of my Granny Janet McCutcheon (ne Duncan), married to David McCutcheon (a miner). Any knowledge or access to any photographs/videoe material would be much appreciatated. I believe that at miners gals days, when we all walked up to the train station at Pomathorn Brae, Penicuik, cine film was taken. Someone informed me that my Dad and sister & I along with many old neighbours and pals are on this but they seem unable to know how to obtain this or where.. I am beginning to trace my family tree and finding massive gaps! I vaugley remember an Uncle Gilbert when I was very young but he would be in his nineties now if still around Thankyou and good luck to everyone using the website