Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jennifer Boyd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 13 Mar 2003 23:54

Trying to find information about Samuel George Marno! He was my maternal grand mother's father. She was an illegitimate daughter. Her mother had brothers and a father who would not let the couple marry. My Grandma was named Mary Jane and was given her mother's maiden name, Pollock. Mary Jane's mother and grandmother were both named Mary Ann Pollock, her grandmother's maiden name being Mary Ann Davis. Mary Jane's birth certificate has the father's information on it. It also states an address for him as Joseph Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I think this is the same person who married Mary Eveline Maguire from Joseph Street on 28th June 1892 in St Lukes CI Shankill 6 months after my grandmother's birth on 7 March 1892. Mary Jane married Samuel McCormick in Belfast 1920. On her marriage certificate her father is named as George Pollock, soldier, and the DOB is about 6 years adrift from her Birth Certificate but I have both of these and they are authentic. She died in December 1974 and was born 7th March 1892 in Belfast. I am just curious to know about my Great Grand father! He might be a son of Anne Devlin and Leslie Marno (Grocer/Soldier 37 Regt) c1834/39 and, a brother of John c1847 and a grandson of Leslie Marno (Sailor) c1815.