Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Langsdale

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve

Steve Report 30 Oct 2006 22:38

Hi There Trying to locate Relatives of Horace Fred Langsdale circa 1900 give or take a few years. He Married a lady called Hilda Jepsom and i believe that they had a daghter called Ivy Langsdale. His father was also Horace Fred, born c1865. I am a direct descendant of His father. Also looking to make contact with any Langsdales from the Bramcote area of Nottingham, between 1800 and present day as the family seems to be from that area. Thanks Steve

Steve

Steve Report 15 Apr 2015 00:08

been a few years, but still looking for members of Horace Fred Langsdales family
his wife is Hilda Jesson, not Jepson as previously stated.
Daughter Ivy Langsdale married a man called Edward Albert Armstrong
any help appreciated.
if you are related then please make contact

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Apr 2015 01:31

Dates and areas are important.

Ivy Langsdale was born in the Nottingham reg district in 1931, then married in 1960.

Someone by with her name was living in Nottingham to 2012. The address is shown on https://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp

The current occupant, who appears to be related, may know of her where abouts.
Although it may be a coincidence, https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills lists a Probate Calendar entry for an Ivy Armstrong who died in Nov 2012

Have you looked to see if Edward and Ivy had children had one child - search on FreeBmd. That person, although married, may be on Facebook - its worth trying. Bear in mind that not everyone is interested in Genealogy.

The best way for you to make contact with other members who may list your Langsdale family on this site is to search all member tree and send a message. Very few members use the community board or will spot your post.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Apr 2015 13:05

BOTH Horaces are in a GR member's tree............I notice they are not in yours

safc

safc Report 15 Apr 2015 13:36

hi Jacqueline

horace langsdale is in steves tree
he just has not put any dates in

malyon

malyon Report 15 Apr 2015 14:13

hi
one child a daughter born to ivy and albert armstrong in 1961 nottingham

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Apr 2015 18:47

Thanks, safc, my mistake.

I must confess that I assumed the poster would have found out the birth year by now

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Apr 2015 18:51

Deaths Sep 1961 (>99%)
LANGSDALE Horace F 64 Nottingham 3c 239

Deaths Jun 1941 (>99%)
Langsdale Hilda E J 44 Nottingham 7b 529

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Apr 2015 18:51

1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
Bloom Yard, 2, Blooms Grove Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Horace F Langsdale Head Married Male 35 1866 Steam Engine Fitter West Bromwich, Worcestershire, England Transcription
Mary Langsdale Wife Married Female 30 1871 - Derbyshire, England Transcription
Horace F Langsdale Son - Male 4 1897 - Nottinghamshire, England Transcription
James A Langsdale Son - Male 4 1897 - Nottinghamshire, England Transcription
Elizabeth Langsdale Mother Widow Female 68 1833 Cotton Slip Winder Nottinghamshire, England