Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Jollands

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cherry

Cherry Report 5 Sep 2003 23:10

I have just started on my family tree and would like to hear from anyone with a connection to our family. My father: Alfred Lewis Jollands was born in Keadby, Lincolnshire 1920 My Grandfather:John Lewis Jollands was born in Welton Lincoln 1898 My Great Grandfather:James Jollands was born in Normanby Lincoln abt. 1865. Regards Cherry.

Alan

Alan Report 5 Oct 2007 17:17

Hello Cherry,
Your enquiry about the Jollands Family. I may be able to help slightly.
My sister Audrey married a Dennis Jollands on 13th August 1955. I always assumed that Dennis came from the Keadby area. They had 2 children, Thomas born 25th April 1956 and Caroline Mary Elizabeth born 23rd Dec 1965. Sadly Audrey and Dennis divorced and Audrey has since died. I have no contact with the two children. If there is a slight link then I am prepared to make enquiries with my sister Joan who lives in Scunthorpe. Joan and Audrey were twins.
Regards
Alan Smith

Deborah

Deborah Report 18 Jun 2013 14:46

hi cherry my granddad was a Thomas jollens from linconshire and I think these names come up on my tree regards debbie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2013 15:02

Deborah

Cherry posted in 2003........she has ZERO posts to her name, so is longer on GR's 'radar'

You could try sending a PM, but I doubt that it would reach her..............

Carole

Carole Report 1 Sep 2013 15:30

My name is Carol Jollands brought up in Keadby
My grandad was James lewis, my grand dads second wife was Clara.
My relatives are Hubert Jollands, Audrey, Dennis, Alfred, Terry, Elizabeth, Raymond, there are more........................

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Sep 2013 15:33

Carole

Please check the date on this thread. It is 10 years old so I doubt that the person who posted first will see your message.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Sep 2013 15:35

Carole
You have picked up a really old thread which if you read you will see previous advice given
Its highly unlikely you will bet any response from the earlier posters