Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Osborne 1881 Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patrick

Patrick Report 10 Jul 2010 23:16

Hi everyone,

am looking for help please, regarding parents of my G.Grandfather James Osborne c.1881-1957 born in Dublin. I have recently received his marriage cert to Alice Donnelly also Dublin born. They married in Dublin 26 September 1907 even though it states on the Irish 1911 census that they were married 11 years! Jame's father is listed on the cert as Thomas, profession looks like 'Driver' i think. It doesn't state that Thomas is deceased yet I can't find a match on either 1901/ 1911 Irish census for him. I found only one possible James Osborne in the 1901 census living with his family but the father is listded as Charles. Has somebody got other Irish records they could look up for me or advise me of some useful sites. All help gratefully accepted :-)

Thanks,
Patrick.

Patrick

Patrick Report 11 Jul 2010 13:42

nudge :-)

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 11 Jul 2010 18:09

You can try looking on this FREE website

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/index.html

For some Dublin Baptism, Marriage & burial records.

If you do search for each person's name you might find some other family mebmbers too.

Marriage records also have Witnesses names and Baptisms have sponsors names.

Regards...Teresa

Patrick

Patrick Report 11 Jul 2010 19:32

Thanks Teresa.
I had a look at that site but still having no luck. However I am using it to find other members of my family and it appears to be very useful, anybody researching Irish ancestry should have a look.
Fair play again Teresa,
Patrick.

Patrick

Patrick Report 21 Sep 2014 19:44

Hi all,

I've finally managed to get hold of the birth cert for my G.Grandfather James Osborne 1881-1957. He was born in Dublin. His parents are listed as Thomas Osborne & Bridget O'Brien. Any idea where I might find the marriage cert/ more info for Thomas & Bridget?

Thanks, Patrick.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 22 Sep 2014 02:55

look like this might be them marrying in Belfast in 1882, these are people on the same page of index, although you would need marriage cert to confirm.

you could check on here too:

http://www.rootsireland.ie/

Name: Thomas Osborne
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1882
Registration district: Belfast
Volume: 1
Page Number: 474
FHL Film Number: 101254
Records on Page:
Name
Margaret M'Killen
Thomas Osborne
Philip Doran
Bridget O'Brien
William Auketell
Catherine M'Grogan
William Lambert F Chaplin

Patrick

Patrick Report 22 Sep 2014 11:24

Hi CelticShiv,

all my research so far with this side of my family has been Dublin based so the possible link to Belfast is very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to help.

All the best,
Patrick.