Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to trace living relatives of Alec Hurley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gill

Gill Report 10 Aug 2009 17:19

Hi, I've hit a brick wall here!

I'm trying to trace living relatives of my great x 2 uncle, music hall singer/comedian Alec Hurley (1871-1913) particularly those who attended the restoration ceremony of his grave at Tower Hamlets Cemetery in 2004. I have the name of one relative, a Mary Logan who I think may be the daughter of my great uncle, Alfred Smith (born c1900). Unfortunately, I don't know the names of any of the others.

If any relatives from this branch of my family (or anyone who knows them) are reading this, I'd love to hear from you.

Any help much appreciated.

PS - I forgot to mention Alec Hurley's real name was Alexander Early.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 10 Aug 2009 17:44

Have you tried a search on this site to see if any of your relatives are listed. Perhaps the cemetery would have a list of people who attended, or details of the person who arranged the ceremony.
Liz

Julia

Julia Report 29 Jan 2014 17:26

I have replied to another email you sent about your Relative Ellen.

Alec Hurley was my great great Uncle and Albert Lewis Hurley was his brother and my Great Great Grandpa.

Please contact me for more info.

Julia Bywaters [email protected]

greyghost

greyghost Report 29 Jan 2014 17:59

Julia,

Gill's post is 5 years old and she didn't return to it at the time. If she is still amember of GR and has the same email address, they will be able to forward a Personal message to her from you. Click on her name and complete the message form. You can see if it's been opened by checking your "sent messages" and check whether the little envelope has been opened.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Jan 2014 18:36

also Julia you must remove your mail address - not allowed on GR

Julia

Julia Report 29 Jan 2014 19:56

Ok Ann Thanks Stuart