Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Humble

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 12 Aug 2006 15:23

hello to any humbles out there. iam trying to trace living relatives of john macadam humble died car accident 1936 Edinburgh know he was one of 5 brothers he had three sons jack, peter, and my father joseph coulthard humble.all deaceased. but know nothing of the were abouts of the other 4 brothers or off spring also know he was manager of Woolworth's at time of death and his father was called Joseph coulthard humble and was a headmaster of school i think in the Durham area about 1900 if you are related or know someone who is please get in touch.will reply to all thanks. Philip Joseph Humble

Linda

Linda Report 1 Sep 2009 12:46

HI, I had a grandmother my fathers mother, named Alice Humble who married William Appleby and she had Brothers Tom,Arthur, Stan, Harry, Alf and sister Lilly and a brother that died in the first world war George William he was 17yrs old. I don't know if any of them are still alive though. The strange thing is that Coulthard was my great Grandmothers birth name and she came from Whitburn Sunderlnd but this was on my grandfathers side of the family, his mother. My father William Appleby is still alive. He is 94 years old. If he can remember any more I will let you know.
Regards Linda Rossi

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 1 Sep 2009 12:47

Linda old thread best to click on Philips name and send an email via GR

Susannah

Susannah Report 16 Aug 2013 06:19

Dear Philip,

Please contact me if you are still looking for information on Joseph Coulthard Humble (also my great-grandfather

Susannah

patchem

patchem Report 16 Aug 2013 06:46

Susannah,

It would be much easier if you tried to contact Philip by clicking on his name and sending him a message.

If he still has the same email address then genes can notify him of your message.

He has never added to this or posted on any other thread at all so is unlikely to be monitoring these boards for new information.

Good luck with your research,

Pat