Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hollway

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 18 Nov 2004 02:02

Any knowledge of the Hollway family from Madeira around early 19th Century? Names may include Henry Hollway, Frederick, Jack, William. They moved to India around 1850's.

Wendy

Wendy Report 27 Aug 2012 10:56

Hello, Anthony!
Can't help with the India part I'm afraid, although reading that has added to my knowledge of the Hollways! (I wonder what induced them to go there?) They didn't all go, of course, because my great grandfather Stanley married in London in 1863 and the newspaper notice referred to his father John H. Hollway as being 'of Madeira'.
In the event of your having replied to my earlier 'post', I made the mistake of not ticking the appropriate box to enable G.R. to pass it on to me. Sorry 'bout that!

Cheers!

Wendy.

Janice

Janice Report 27 Aug 2012 10:59

Wendy,

this is 8 years old so it would be best if you click on Anthony's name and e-mail him directly.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Aug 2012 11:00

Wendy, have you noticed how old this posting is? It's very unlikely Anthony will see your reply.
Try sending a message by clicking on his name, but as he never posted anything else it's a bit hopeful - Genes would need his current email address for him to be notified of a PM.
You can also use 'search all trees' (found in search box above right) to check for matches with other members.
Jan

Wendy

Wendy Report 10 Jul 2014 04:13

Madeira Hollways,
In reply to Janice and brummiejan from 2012, despite the lapse in time beween Anthony's original post in 2004 and my follow-up in 1012, Tony DID reply to me and has put me in touch with a host of other rellies!!!
Thanks for your concern, though!
Wendy.