Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joseph and Jane Harris - Bootle Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jack

Jack Report 19 Mar 2009 11:27

My Name is Jack
I'm trying to find information regarding my Great Grandfather Joseph Harris. He was born about 1859 and married Jane Canning about 1878. On the Census records it states they were born in Liverpool but I can find no marriage record. They may have been actually born and married in Ireland. Joseph died in 1900 and at the time was living at 9 Effingham Street, Bootle. I would certainly be grateful for any information that could help me with this search. Many thanks - Jack

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 19 Mar 2009 11:42

Hi Jack

If you haven't yet found a marriage where did you get Jane's surname from? Was it a birth cert?

Tracey x

David

David Report 19 Mar 2009 11:49

Which census have you found them on?

Jack

Jack Report 19 Mar 2009 12:11

I have the birth Certificates of both my Grandfather who was also called Joseph Harris and his brother Owen which states that Jane Canning was their mother.

The family appear in the 1891 UK Census records living at 48 Aber Street Bootle, Liverpool.

Regards Jack

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 19 Mar 2009 16:06

1881?

Josp. HARRIS Head M Male 23 Lpool Labourer
Jane HARRIS Wife M Female 23 Lpool
John HARRIS Son Male 2 Lpool
Mary HARRIS Daur Female 1 m Lpool

Source Information:
Dwelling 11 Bower St C
Census Place Kirkdale, Lancashire, England
Family History Library Film 1341882
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 3682 / 79
Page Number 13

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 May 2015 21:05

Hi there - welcome to the boards

Jack post3ed this quite a few years back now and won't be looking for replies after such a long time - try to make contact with him via this site by clicking on his name to send a message - if he still has the same email address he should get the message

Ann x