Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Grimsley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 16 Mar 2003 17:17

GRIMSLEY family originate from WOOLWICH / PLUMSTEAD area I am trying to do a family tree.Any information from relatives or past friends will be most welcome.I love to hear about past stories and suchlike. Grandad WILLIAM HERBERT GRIMSLEY. had a stall on Woolwich market, then a shop at WELLING KENT,near WELLING RAILWAY STATION for many years. He was married twice first wife died after having four children, WILLIAM, ARTHUR, EMMIE, ETHEL. He then married MILLICENT my nan,They had FRED, GEORGE, ALEX, OLIVE my mother,then MARION. They were a well known family and very much liked,having a huge circle of friends. WILLIAM jnr..... was known as BIB and married to NELL they had two boys two girls. ARTHUR...... was married to EVA they had two girls and ran a shop in PLUMSTEAD. He remarried later in life to JOAN and they had one son. EMMIE...... was married to FRANK HUNTthey had one girl one boy. ETHEL...... was married to WOLL WORKMAN think his name might have been WALTER? they had two girls. FREDERICK.....was married to IVY they had two girls. GEORGE ....... was married to MRYTLE they had one girl, one boy. ALEX ........ was married to JEAN. OLIVE....... was married to RON YULL.They had four girls. one boy. MARION ..... was married to DEREK FAULKES.they had one girl one boy. ETHEL......