Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Victor Licence and Sarah Winifred Athey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debra

Debra Report 28 Dec 2009 17:41

Trying to find anything about George Victor Licence and Sarah Winifred Athey.

What we do know is that George was born 1881 Bethnal Green and died 1910 Westhampnett in Surrey. We think Sarah was born 1886 Edmonton. They were married in March Qtr 1906 West Ham.

Can anyone please look at the 1911 census for me to see who Sarah was living with. We believe George and Sarah had two children George Victor Licence b Dec Qtr 1906 and Sarah Winifred Licence b 13/5/1908.

Thank you
Debra

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 28 Dec 2009 17:44

1911 is free to search -check it out at......................

http://www.1911census.co.uk

Debra

Debra Report 28 Dec 2009 17:52

I found the names on the 1911 census but to see the original page or the transcript, there is a charge.
Is there a way to access the original page for free ?

thank you
Debra

Paul

Paul Report 28 Dec 2009 17:56

ATHEY, Lucy Head Widow F 56 1855 Charwoman Cheshunt Hertfordshire VIEW
ATHEY, Jane Daughter Single F 26 1885 Factory Worker Celluloid Collars Walthamstow Essex VIEW
LICENCE X, Sarah Daughter Widow F 24 1887 Factory Worker Blouse Machinist Cheshunt Hertfordshire VIEW
ATHEY, Clarence George Son Single M 21 1890 Brewer's Labourer Walthamstow Essex VIEW
ATHEY, Sidney Son Single M 19 1892 Van Guard Walthamstow Essex VIEW
ATHEY, Edna Lucy Daughter F 13 1898 Walthamstow Essex VIEW
LICENCE, George Victor Gd Son X M 4 1907 Walthamstow Essex VIEW
LICENCE, Florence Boarder Single F 22 1889 Factory Worker Celluloid Goods Walthamstow Essex VIEW
FITZGERALD, Joseph John Boarder Single M 26 1885 Factory Worker Celluloid Goods Colchester Essex VIEW

7 Brooke Road, West Ham

Debra

Debra Report 28 Dec 2009 18:04

Thank you so much Paul, that is just what I needed.
any chance of your finding the same for Sarah's second husband ? Edward William Juggins born 1883. He seems to live with wife Ethel, brother Roger and baby Frederie - I presume Frederic - I cannot find Frederie/c to see his relationship to Edward.
Thank you
Debra

Paul

Paul Report 28 Dec 2009 18:09

JUGGINS, William Edward Head Married
1 years M 28 1883 Butcher's Manager Marston Beds VIEW
JUGGINS, Ethel Emmelene Wife Married
1 years F 28 1883 Peterboro Northand VIEW
JUGGINS, Roger Tom Brother Single M 25 1886 Shop Fitter Marston Beds VIEW
JUGGINS, Frederie William Son M 0 (7 MONTHS) 1911 Balham Hill SW VIEW
PETERS, Lily Servant Single F 18 1893 General Servant Domestic Battersea SW VIEW

49 Balham Hill SW, Streatham

Debra

Debra Report 28 Dec 2009 18:12

That's great, Paul, thank you.
That's all I needed.
all the best and happy new year

Debra

Susan

Susan Report 1 Aug 2013 09:10

Hello there,
I am the daughter of the Frederic William Juggins you were writing about back in 2009. His father Edward was only married once - to Ethel Emmeline - and was still living with her and us when he died just after I was born in 1952. You seem to have got some wires crossed somehow but have perhaps already realised that since these posts. However I would be interested to know why you think he was married to your Sarah.
Regards, Sue

Susan

Susan Report 1 Aug 2013 09:16

OK, I've checked more carefully now. Debra, you were asking about Edward William and Paul gave you the details of William Edward, my grandfather. Confusion sorted.
Sue