Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dearing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlene

Charlene Report 24 Sep 2003 11:20

Hello there, I'm trying to trace the descendents of Ada Rose Dearing (my nan), born on the 19th November 1908 in Leavesden, Watford, Hertfordshire. My nan has unfortunately passed away earlier this year. However, I have successfully contacted a second cousin of my nan's older sister Elizabeth Dearing. I have fortunately been given a detailed family tree of the Dearing family so far. But I would like to find out more about her younger sisters Nellie (Nell) and Mary Dearing, as I know that my nan was close to these sisters for sometime and then subsequently lost contact with them. This might of been due to some family rift, but I am not interested in this. I am told that Nellie married a Mr Dowler, and was last to be known living at 40 Avondale, Wealdstone and Mary married a Mr Puddifoot and was last to be known living at 33 Chestnut Walk, Harebreaks, Watford. I would be very interested in hearing from anybody that has information about these family members or is possibly related to them. My nan's parents were Thomas Dearing (5th April 1871 in Leavesden, Watford, Hertfordshire) and Elizabeth Adams (born in c1870 in Ley Hill, Buckinghamshire), we believed they had 4 sons Thomas, Benjamin, William and Joseph (Joe) and 4 daughters, Elizabeth, Ada (my nan), Nell (Nellie) and Mary all together. My nan went on to marry Matthew Patrick Shannon before the second world war, and had two children together, my uncle Bernard (aka Bernie) Shannon in 1943 and my mother Margaret Shannon in 1948. My nan spent the rest of her life living in South London with her son (Streatham, Vauxhall areas) and passed away this year on the 19th of January. I would be interested in anyone who has information regarding her family members. Kind Regards Charlene

Lucy

Lucy Report 26 Nov 2016 12:19

Hello Charlene,
My nan is/was Mary dearing, my grandad Lesley Puddephatt.
My nan used to talk about her sisters and brothers all the time.
It would be great to have a chat with you.
Lucy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Nov 2016 12:28

welcome to the boards Lucy :-)

Charlene posted thirteen years a go and may no longer be a member

you could try to make contact with her by clicking on her name to send her a message via this site - if she still has the same email address she should get it

Potty

Potty Report 26 Nov 2016 12:29

Lucy, this is a very old thread and Charlene may no longer be a member. If you click on her name you can send her a message and, if she still has the same email address, GR will advise of the message.