Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for meternal grandmother JOAN DAVIES Pls h

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melissa Jane

Melissa Jane Report 13 Mar 2009 11:56

Hello, I am trying to find my meternal grandmother Joan Davies born around 1937? As far as I know she was brought up by her Auntie? Her fathers name is Frank Davies who lived in Stockort around 1956 His address then was 31 Astbury Cresent, Stockport. He was a Hattter by trade. Joan married Peter F Charge in 1956 at the age of 20. They had two children. Peter Andrew Charge born in 1959 and Julie Ann Charge born in 1958. Joan and Peter devorced(not sure when) But JOan had a baby boy in March 1962 in Birmingham called Perry Frank Charge on his birth cert. Perry father is named as Frank Wilcox. The last address I have for Joan and Perry Davies/Charge is 50 Princess Road. Birmingham in 1962 where they lived with Frank Wilcox.
Please help me find my missing family.xxx
Melissa.x

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 13 Mar 2009 12:05

Have you tried a search on this site or friends reunited
Liz

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 13 Mar 2009 12:09

Melissa,

There are a couple of Peter A Charge listed on the electoral roll on the 192.com site.
Ann

Melissa Jane

Melissa Jane Report 13 Mar 2009 12:12

Thanks Ann, I will take a look after I have been food shopping.xxxxxxxx. Didnt expect such a fast response!! You guys are great!xx Thanks.x

Melissa Jane

Melissa Jane Report 13 Mar 2009 21:25

No sorry, I am being very slow today as I am getting over-whelmed with searching and my kids going mental!!lol. I spoke to my mum tonight who tells me Joan Davies was actually born Joan Walrund and was adopted out when she was 8...so thats why I couldnt find her but I cant find her under Walrund???? So my head is hurting now and I will search the birth records again with fresh eyes tomorrow. lol

Melissa Jane

Melissa Jane Report 14 Mar 2009 09:01

Thank you Paula but after alot of digging I found her two younger brothers Edwin and Kieth Walron...after finding birth records for Edwin I found out his Mothers maiden name is Pratt so searched for Joan under Pratt and found her!! Also found marriage recorords......I Hope!.......
Frank Davies was Joans adopted father but have been told he was family.
I am hoping to find Joan alive and any living children she may of had after my mum(Julie) and Uncle(Peter). Would love to meet any living relatives.x

Is there a quick wat for me to get a copy of the certificates??????

Thank you.xxxx

Melissa Jane

Melissa Jane Report 21 Mar 2009 20:37

n

Melissa Jane

Melissa Jane Report 4 Apr 2010 23:22

Just a quick update. I found my grandama joan, I had originally been looking for her birth cert under the name Davies but found out her Birth name was Joan Pratt ( she was adopted after her mum passed).
We have made contact but its difficult because her current family know nothing of her past or her past names. Didn'T find the answers to all the questions but maybe one day she may want to help me and my mum.
Still the big mystery is now solved (kinda) and now I have more info I hope to find my Uncle Perry Wilcox.

loudoniii

loudoniii Report 6 Mar 2013 12:34

Hi Melissa Jane!

I am in touch with Peter Andrew Charge, and have recently put together a Charge family tree on Ancestry, so I may well be able to help you.

Happy to share the Charge family tree on Ancestry if you have an id there - I am user loudoniii on Ancestry if you want to contact me there.

Please feel free to get in touch and I will be happy to help you where I can.

Best wishes, Paul

greyghost

greyghost Report 6 Mar 2013 15:49

loudoniii - Melissa'a last post was 3 years ago, so she may not still be active on GR. However, if she is still a member and still has the same email address as then, GR may be able to forward a message to her. Click on her name, send a message and hope.